4.11.2017

Week 80: Weakness & Lessons

I type a sentence and the erase it and then type out another one and then erase that one too. I can't figure out a way to start these emails. Such a problem. This is my second to last email on my mission! I can't believe it.

This week was incredible. So many miracles and so many revelations!  I think at the end of someones mission, there are many emotions  felt. As least for me I have been feeling so  many things. This week was one of those. I wasn't a wreck,  but I kept rejecting the emotions I was feeling and shutting them out because I just wanted the end of my mission to be amazing and full of only good feelings.  I thought that if I had one negative feeling that my mission wouldn't end right! WELL WAS I WRONG! I am still learning out here! Little did I realize I was rejecting myself the opportunity to be weak, which really means that I was rejecting Christ's atonement to help me and change me and strengthen me! Crazy how something so minor can completely change the way we progress. 

It is not a sin to be weak!

In the Book of Mormon in the Book of Ether it says, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will i make weak things become strong unto them."

It is so true! This scripture is very popular and is referred to many times, but do we really apply this in our lives?! I wasn't! I wasn't letting myself be weak in a time that I was. And to be honest, I was getting by just fine. I was happy, working hard, being obedient, loving the people, and teaching everyone. BUT I didn't feel peace! It wasn't until I humbled myself to my Savior, Jesus Christ and left my weaknesses with Him that I felt that peace. And honestly, a world of difference was made. I felt that Christ-like Peace again that only HE can give! 

In the Bible in the Book of John 14:27 - only Christ can give us lasting peace! The world goes on and will leave you behind. Christ is with you every step of the way, even if you can't step forward. He is there to pick up your feet and help you! Ah I hope this makes sense! 

I just love my Savior so much! I am truly dedicated to Him and everyday I want to be more! I owe everything to Him! I owe who I am today to Him. He has changed me, transformed me! I could not have comprehended these feelings and this testimony 4 years ago. My learning and my change has been line upon line, precept upon precept. And it will continue to be that way as I live close to Him and keep Him the center of everything I do and with His help I will be able to do that. 

ALRIGHT - sorry for that speil.... whoops!  Well probably only a couple people get this far on my emails anyways! haha! 

This week was incredible aside from my internal battle! 
We had lessons with the J and D (a mom and daughter who are learning together) They are progressing so well and really taking these steps for themselves! 
Daniel is still progressing! Coming to church and reading the Book of Mormon! Plus he is so nice and is donating soooooo many things to the church, I don't know why. But he just is trying to be more like Jesus! 
We visited Frankie in the hospital! He loves us!! 
We had a lesson with Theresa - her faith and her passion for God is incredible!! There is no doubt in her mind that God lives! 

We always have a great Book of Mormon study class on Thursday nights and afterwards we went to Monica's house. A new lady we found a couple weeks ago. She is catholic and loves missionaries! We went over at  8 for dessert and her 10 year old daughter to play RUMMICUB! (Grandma Holt - your game we play every time at your house) So I knew how to play and I came in second place! So much fun! Then we showed then the Prince of Peace video and the spirit filled the room and we all testified of Christ! It was amazing!!

We did a bunch of service on Friday! and so many embarrassing things happened to be that day - I don't even wanna begin to tell you!  

On Saturday I was on exchanges with Sister Wall #blessed! MTC COMPANIONS! Exactly 18 months later we get to go on our last exchange together! And that is the day I learned everything I just told you about prior to this. She helped me so much and I was able to help her! Since we are feeling similar things at the end of our missions. She is so inspired and I just love her! So grateful! 

ON SATURDAY THO - we were driving back home and on the corner of the street I saw a woman carrying a giant case of water bottles and the plastic ripped right as we drove by. I screamed and told Sister Wall to turn around! I jumped out of the car and ran to help her! (I'm so dramatic) and guess what... her name was IRENE! (my middle name!) and so I carried this case of water bottles back to her house and I walked in this door and this house was FULL of women from KENYA, AFRICA praying and singing! I walked through the house passed all these women who were soo spiritual. I set the water bottles down and they made room for us on the couch so that we could join them! It was amazing! I could feel the Spirit of God in that room. It was incredible! These women were all together and had all come from Kenya to America. They were having a prayer meeting for this woman named Elizabeth who had just recently lost her husband. We stayed for an hour but then we had an appointment. We read from the Bible. As we left they were all so thankful that we came and joined them in prayer! It was amazing. We left cards with all of them and hopefully they call us but either way - the Spirit was there!! I will never forget it! 


Anyways,
This week was amazing!!
I am ready ready ready for more this week! 
I LOVE my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ with all my heart and I will never never ever forget these experiences! 

With all my love,
Sister Holt

Sister Wood, Me, Sister Wall, and Sister Endsley! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment