4.17.2017

Week 81: Glorious Baptism & I'm Coming Home

Last PDay Hike in California for me.  I have loved it all.
Words can't express or tell you what I am feeling at this moment. I am coming to the close of the most treasured, valued, loved part of my life and will be continuing on else where,  but not as a full time missionary for the Lord. 

I am most grateful for this privilege I have been given to serve the people here in Rancho Cucamonga, Diamond Bar, the High Desert, and Upland, California! The principles, testimony, and renewal I have gained in this place, with these people, is priceless. I know that I will refer back to my mission every single day for the rest of my life. I have been taught, stretched, brought down, lifted up, and changed from the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have loved serving  Him, Striving to become like Him, doing my best to act and speak as He would. I have drawn nearer to Him during this time and I can truly testify that He lives! 

This week we did so much teaching! BUT the cherry on top of this week was Saturday - Daisy Centeno from my last area was BAPTIZED! She did it!! My favorites, Brent and Joann drove us up to the desert in the morning for the baptism and it was glorious! Daisy was so happy and cried when she saw me! Right before she went to get into the font she said, "This is the happiest I have ever been!!" and she came out of the water BEAMING! It was the most peaceful feeling to see her baptized! I could almost feel of the sunshine that is in her future. She told me that she can't describe how her heart feels because it just feels WHOLE again. The Gospel of Jesus Christ in its fullness fills those holes in our hearts and in our lives that we might not know are even there. That is what TRUTH does for us in our lives. Truth overflows our hearts and our minds and the only thing we can feel is peace. Truth is peace! (sorry i forgot my camera so I will have to post pictures next week) 

This week was a beautiful Easter week celebrating and testifying of our Savior, Jesus Christ. The Living Christ! The Prince of Peace! 

Well, it has been a true blessing to be here and spend these last 18 months serving my Heavenly Father and Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I know that this is Christ's church restored to the earth where we can partake of the covenants and full blessings that Heavenly Father has prepared for each of us! We all have a divine potential and have been created for an eternal purpose! And through living the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through sacred covenants, we get a step closer and closer to reach that potential! It is a glorious and perfect plan! 

I guess this isn't  talk to you next week.... it is a see you next week!! 
Take care! Till then, 
Love you with all my heart! 
xoxo
Sister Holt 



My Missionary Posterity -- Missing my Sister Crane



Lunch with Pres. Schaffer, Brent & Joann, Daisy, Renata and all my fav sisters!

1 comment:

  1. Sister Crane wishes she was there too, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete