4.03.2017

Week 79: Lots of Blessings and Conference

Woah Woah Woah Week 79... What even is happening?! I am really coming close to the end of my mission and it just hit me this week! A lot of bitter sweet feelings in my heart about my mission coming to an end. Bitter because how do you say good bye to a place that you have put your heart and soul into for an entire year and 6 months? Sweet because the reunion will be glorious with my family! They are a lot more excited then I am though ;)   ("We really are!!" says mom)

We had some great stuff happen this week! 

On Wednesday, was the last night of Moses' Tabernacle and it was packed! I talked about this last week Friday too. Humans are natural procrastinators. Everyone came the last night and at the last hour! So it stayed open for an entire hour later. We had to get home by 9:30 and the last tour is supposed to leave at 8:10 and at that time we still had 5 more groups of people that wanted to go! Haha It was crazy! But my last tour was all the youth from my first ward, the Redhill ward! It was so much fun to see them again since it has been a year and a half! They are all growing up and graduating! Crazy how time flies! But that was a big blessing for me to see them again. 

I also got to give the Kilburns  and Tesan and Jim a tour as well! It was so much fun to see them as well.  On another tour I gave that day one of my old investigators Dorcie was there too! I was blessed immensely seeing so many people that I love dearly! My heart was so full! 

On Thursday we were on exchanges! I stayed in my area with Sister Endsley! She is great. She is a brand new missionary and is being trained by my favorite Sister Wall! (next Saturday sister Wall and I get to go on exchanges!  I am so pumped!) Sister E and I walked everywhere!!! I love walking, so I walk any chance I get! We tried so many different people and talked to a lot but nobody "has the time" for a spiritual uplifting message that will change their life! So sad. I think if people knew... they would make the time and have all the time in the world! 

Friday was awesome! We had great lessons. In the morning, we met with the Staton's. Sister S is returning to the church and her daughter is investigating! It is so cool to see them working together to make better lives! We read from the Book of Mormon. J the daughter is so pumped and was so excited to watch conference! 

We also volunteered at this old folks home called Oakmont. On Fridays, we help out with the activities and that day  was beach volleyball! It was adorable. All these older people mainly ladies... sit in chairs and have a net in the middle of them making two sides and they hit around a beach ball! It was so much fun, they love it!! 

We had a lesson with Daniel afterwards! He is progressing, he really is and we are trying to set him up a baptismal date but he keeps getting cold feet. He really wants to know the truth! He is trying his best - he did have surgery this week so that kind of set him back a little...  just a little! We had a great lesson about the Book of Mormon and how it will answer all of his questions that he has. He committed to pray and read everyday by Tuesday and also to watch a session of Conference! 

We also had a lesson with Mary! Mary is so funny! She has done some crazy things in her life... For example, she used to dress up as Wonder Woman in Vegas for Paris Hilton's parties! haha! I asked if she had any pictures but she wouldn't show them to me. Mary is awesome, she is reading the Book of Mormon right now and is just getting started! 

Saturday night we had a miracle! After conference was over we went around and tried some potentials and no one was really answering and we hadn't eaten dinner yet... so we were going to head home to eat dinner...it was about 8 o'clock and as we were driving I had a thought to try one more person. Christian is a recent convert of about a year and we haven't seen him in a while... He is a teenager and lives with his brother and mom. Anyways, we walk up to his apartment and the door is open and they are packing up and moving!! Just at the dead end of everything (packing is awful) his mom was just breaking a sweat and almost  in some tears we . So we offered to  help. Then we  BEGGED her to let us help her (asking for help is hard).  Finally  she let us pack up the worst part...the kitchen!! I was glad!!! Seriously and by the time she finished the bathroom we were done with the kitchen at 9:15!! and the whole apartment was done! MIRACLES BLESSINGS MIRACLES BLESSINGS! 

So lesson to be learned here...when missionaries offer to help you... take them seriously because everyone always rejects our offers and they don't realize how hard we work when people actually let us help them! Do it do it do it! 

Last comments... General Conference was amazing! As always - Not a surprise! I can't pick any favorites because my pen was working the entire 8 hours of conference! We are so lucky as members or non members of this church, we are so lucky to have a living prophet and living apostles who hold the authority of God to receive revelation for the world as a whole! For everyone!! I personally can feel of their love for us through the television. Their words are personalized to us through the gift and power of the Holy Ghost. It couldn't be without Him. And everything is centered around our Savior, Jesus Christ himself. The Prince of Peace! Jesus Christ is the source of truth, of light, of joy, and of peace! Only through Him can we attain those. 
Through sincere daily prayer, through studying the scriptures specifically the Book of Mormon, Thank you President Thomas S Monson, and repenting every day can we build our faith enough to face the trials and winds of the world that Satan will send our way. 
Everything, absolutely everything is for our benefit, for our good! God wants to see us grow and progress, but only in righteousness is true progression found. We each have a divine identity that was created by our Father in Heaven who LOVES us! 

I love this gospel. I love my Father and my Brother Jesus Christ. And I love the gift I've been given of the companionship of the Holy Ghost! 

I invite all to share their testimonies of the glorious truths they have found in their lives and continue to find more! 

With all my heart,
Sister Holt 



Sister Wood and I --- We are winners in the matching game - Not on purpose

UPland Sisters --- We wear glasses on Tuesday.

Exchanges with Sister Endsley

No comments:

Post a Comment