1.28.2017

Week: 69: Life is Good

This week started off with a #miracle - not a surprise!

Monday night we had dinner with our Bishop and he is amazing. I love his family and his home. There is a special spirit in a righteous home. After dinner, we headed over to Shannon's house. She is a member we are working with... she is going through IT right now (it - being a compilation of a series of unfortunate events) but she is finding the faith to strengthen herself.

 It is incredible to help her along her journey. We walked into her house and sat down in her room with her and her friend, Cymphonie, to do some Young Womens Personal Progress. And Cymphonie started asking some questions and soon asked what our core beliefs were. Now, I have met Cymphonie a couple times before this but nothing has ever come of it. So we asked her if we could teach her something. She agreed so we said an opening prayer and began to teach her about The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is our main  message as full time missionaries of the church. 

Almost at every point of the lesson she screamed/cried for joy. It was awesome because we did it with her. She later shared with us that on her way over to Shannon's house she was praying out loud to God for Him to send her something to uplift her and point her in a better direction. Then we showed up.  

I truly believe that this is the work of God! He knows what we all need and when we are ready to listen and hear what He has to say. It is incredible to be one of His servants. 

We had three exchanges this week... on Tuesday, Thursday,and Saturday! It was so much fun! I love going on exchanges with the sisters. I learn so much from them! They only get one exchange every transfer but I get 10! It was amazing plus I get to meet all the amazing people they are working with. 

We got to visit and work with so many wonderful people this week and experience the Holy Ghost testify to many of them. It was an incredible week!! 

"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine." - Gordon B Hinkley

This has been something that I have been pondering. I love President Hinkley. He inspires me and I am sure he inspires so many others as well! The optimism he had and shared with us should be spread across the world! It is so easy to look down, get irritated, or say something negative. It is SO easy! But it is just as easy to say something kind, look up, and choose to BE HAPPY! TWO of the best ways to Choose Happiness is by 1. SERVE OTHERS  and 2. Be Grateful! 

I love my Heavenly Father and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ! I know that His gospel is true and perfect! And it makes me happy!! 

love always,
Sister Holt 



Exchanges in Wrightwood -- That is light SNOW captured here in CALI.

Apple Valley Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment