1.30.2017

Week 70: I'm So Happy & I Love Him


 

Sister Ysasaga and  me

I am not getting transferred. So transfer #4 here in Mojave Narrows and High Desert YSA here we go! I'm so pumped! I love this area, the people, and my companion! Life is so good!!  

This week we didn't have any exchanges or any meetings so it was all Sister Ysasaga and I just taking over the Desert! It was so fun! We never get to be together for a full week so we took full advantage of that time. 

So BIG NEWS... on Tuesday night we had no idea that it was going to be our last time to nightly plan because on Wednesday we had a World Wide Broadcast to all the missionaries and they CHANGED THE MISSIONARY SCHEDULE! It was so amazing. We don't have to plan for the next day at night anymore... We plan in the morning and then we choose when our studies are. It was amazing. I love it. It is so inspired and is going to change missionaries. Instead of missionaries just following the schedule because they are told to, This new schedule allows us to choose when we do things... so they are letting us use our agency more for what is important to us. They trust us to make the best decisions for what we need to do to prepare for the day and week. It will also prepare missionaries to go home. We will already be in the habit of finding time in our daily schedule to read our scriptures and study. It is amazing!! SO blessed! 

Ashlyn is still doing amazing. She is darling and sooooo strong in her testimony. Our stake president owns a charter bus business and rented one to take people investigating the church, recent converts, endowed members, and less active members to the Redlands Temple and to walk around the grounds. We  had heard that Ashlyn had asked the president if she could bare her testimony for everyone. This was only 2 weeks after her baptism. SO incredible! A lot of people said they were touched by her words. 

We started teaching a new investigator this week.  A woman named B. She was another referral from a member who recently got baptized. B has had a really hard life but when you talk to her you would never guess that. She radiates happiness and optimism! We taught her about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ this week and the spirit was very strong. Everything was clicking in her head and heart and you could say her mind was blown. That is usually what happens when their hearts and minds are open to learning. B accepted the invitation to be baptized! She was saying, "I am sooo ready for this!! This is so true!! I am so ready to do this!!" It was adorable!! She wants it! It is the most joyful, priceless sight to see someone recognize how much the gospel is going to change/bless their lives! 

Yesterday, at church we got to run the Primary! Let me tell you, I think I take after my  mother because I was on fire! I had too much fun with all the little kids singing and dancing in Primary! They were all soooo happy! I love being around that happiness of little kids! I could run Primary for the rest of my life. I love it so much!!!! Best calling ever! I just wanted to throw that in there because I had so much fun and I wanted everyone to know! :) haha

Oh my --  This week was fabulous and fast! I am so happy to be here! I love my life soooooooo  much! I go to bed and wake up happy. It does not get any better than that! 

Something really quick that I have been pondering has been my relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ. Do I only know about the Savior or am I increasingly coming to know Him? Do I just believe He performed the Atonement or do I believe that He did it for me? And that it will work FOR ME? 

"We believe and come to know Christ as we experience personally the transforming, healing, strengthening, and sanctifying power of His atonement." - Elder David A. Bednar 

We have to believe that His power will work specifically for us! In our specific circumstances that we find ourselves in! 
I can be transformed! 
I can be healed! 
I can be strengthened! 
I can be sanctified! 
Believe in His assurances and His promises! 

Grateful to know this, grateful to have experienced this early on in my life and grateful that I can still continue to experience His power!!!

I love Him! 
-- Sister Holt 



Apple Valley Zone

District Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment