1.01.2017

Week 65: Merry Christmas & Abide in His Love


Merry Christmas beautiful people! This Christmas was full of the spirit of Christ for me. I learned so much and gained so much from testifying of him daily. His life and His atonement is what makes us who we are and so much more!  

We had an exchange this week with the Ranchero sisters. They are awesome. They whitewashed into their area last transfer and they are rocking it! They are so diligent. Their exchange caused me to reflect a lot. It is funny how going on the exchanges with sooo many sisters each transfer ends up shaping me a lot more than I think it helps them. I learn so much talking to all the sisters. I love it. 

We discussed the talk from Elder Christofferson - Abide in My Love.
President Monson says, " Gods love is always there whether we think we deserve it or not." His love is wonderful, perfect, infinite, redeeming, and everlasting. Many of us think that God's love is unconditional... I have thought that for a long time. But sadly it is not. It is always there but it is up to us whether or not we want it in our lives. Saying that God's love is unconditional makes it seem that He will put up with anything that we do and say and he will just let it slide. Or that we don't have to do anything to inherit His glorious kingdom. The Savior came to save us FROM our sins, not IN our sins. We have to align our will with Heavenly Fathers will in order to abide in His love... in order to receive the promised blessings and rewards that He has in store for us. We must keep His commandments. It is so glorious when we do. 

Also in that talk there is the story of Helen Keller and her teacher, Anne. At first Helen refused to let Anne help her and teach her. It wasn't until after patient, consistent effort that Anne gained Helen's trust. Elder Christofferson related us to Helen and Anne to the Savior. Let's not push away and refuse the lessons from our Divine Teacher, Jesus Christ who works perfectly with our Heavenly Father. "He can work with us to enlighten and lift us to a new reality." 

We also got a bunch of missionaries together to go caroling all weekend and we dropped off gifts to families in need and others who need visits. It was so much fun! I know that I am not musically talented in any way but I love singing to others to bring the Christmas spirit. Whether they like to hear my voice or not... :) haha! 

It was so amazing to be able to skype my family! Seeing their faces and hearing their voices was warm to me. Many mixed emotions thinking about how fast the time is going but it is not up yet! I still got oceans of time! 

I want everyone who is reading this to know how thankful I am for your support and constant love to me throughout my life and my mission. This would not be possible without so many of you to play a part. I am thankful every day of many of your sacrifices. 2016 has been the best most powerful year of my life. My relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ has grown immensely. I wouldn't be here without Him either. I know without a doubt He is with me. He is with You! I know He loves me and gives me strength. 

I am grateful for the light He gives this world. In the darkest days, He gives instant light!! 

I love you all!! Merry Christmas and Happy New YEAR! 
<3 
xoxo
Sister Holt 

 
 
Sister Ysasaga and I snapping some photos in the rain storm on Christmas Eve! 

Zone Caroling - 

The Roomies

No comments:

Post a Comment