12.19.2016

Week 64: Choose Your Hard & Find Joy

Another packed full week! Wahoo! Getting Sister Ysasaga adjusted to the desert was hard... haha just kidding! She is so great and she took the ball and ran with it. It has been such a blessing! We have a lot of fun together!  

We had a lot of service opportunities this week. We did a lot of dishes but the fun part was defrosting the freezer! Thank you Bowl of Heaven for teaching me how to do that. It came in handy on Saturday. We also went over to my favorite lady is the ward's house, Sister Summers. She is an elderly lady who is all alone and you wouldn't expect her to say half the things that come out of her mouth. She is so spunky and sassy. Right up my alley. We get a long really well! :) She told me that I can't ever leave... soo sorry mom. Looks like I am staying here! 

We had some lessons with A and also D this week. A is progressing so well. We moved her baptism up to January 14th!! It is going to be amazing! She is so ready. Her testimony and relationship with God is just skyrocketing. She has SO much faith! 
MIRACLE! Our member C is good friends with D and on Monday we were driving up the hill from the mission office and we got a text from C and she was like, "Don't freak out... but you might be having another baptism soon." Little does she know -- I  WAS FREAKING OUT! D is on date to be baptized on April 8, 2017. It is so amazing how the Lord is working through people and making miracles happen! So grateful! 

We also contacted 3 new investigators this week. We met R and R  while knocking on a members door. We said Hi to R and he said, "Howdy!" Then we turned around and knocked on the door. Our member didn't answer  so after a while so we started walking away and decided to share a card with R. We started talking about God and religion and ending up reading the introduction to the Book of Mormon and then his friend came out and we all had an awesome conversation about God speaking to us! It was amazing! Last night on Sunday, R met us at the church and we taught him only half of the Restoration but he was sooo sincere! We don't know him too well but we both feel really good about him and he is just soaking up everything... also... minor detail... he said the closing prayer! Isn't that great!

This week was another awesome one. I have been really focusing on JOY! Actually this past month I have been focusing on it. It has really helped me out and changed my perspective so much. I still have hard days, no doubt! But they are different kinds of hard! When we turn our focus off of temporal difficulties and look to Christ for the full perspective of this life, It changes everything!! Christ changed everything for us! He is more than what we give him credit for. 
He has kept me stable and strong and continues to do so. I see it in my life and in my families life and I see it in the people lives that I teach. He changes US! 
Something great that I heard this week was... 

Finding the motivation to work out is HARD 
Being fat is HARD 
Pick your hard. 

or... 

It is HARD to live the gospel
It is even HARDER to not have the gospel 
Pick your hard! 

Haha that is my new addition! :) 

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it was established my Him and was restored through a prophet called by God! It is here on earth to get us to our heavenly home safe and sound. It is the only way! Let's open our eyes and realize the eternal perspective!! 

Merry Christmas Everybody! 
Remember your Savior, Jesus Christ. 

Visit... www.mormon.org and share it with your family and friends! 

xoxo
Sister Holt



Sister Ysasaga on Transfer Day!

Daisy showing off her CTR Ring

Look at that Freezer -  #gigiwouldbesoproud #thanksbowlofheaven


No comments:

Post a Comment