12.12.2016

Week 63: Sad Goodbyes But Joy in Christ

We got transfers today! I am staying in the Mojave Narrows ward and the Ridgecrest YSA ward for a least 7 more weeks! Wahoo! My new companion is the one and only Sister Ysasaga. She is wonderful and one of my dearest friends in the mission. We served together in Chino and were actually housemates. We have too much fun together so I know that I am going to be laughing a lot in the new few weeks. Just what I need! :) The Lord is so aware of me... I am so grateful! #prayersanswered 

This week was nothing short of ABSOLUTE MADNESS! Getting two sisters ready to go home, cleaning the apartment, covering three wards with packed appointments, and keeping emotions under control set us up for a busy and exhausting week! But I am alive and still walking - not sure how functional my brain is... but we are getting along just fine. haha! Sending Sister Castelo and Wagner home was hard. It is like a piece of my heart went with them. It didn't all hit me until they were gone and I came home at night to the apartment and it was empty. Waah.... okay I am done being sad. :) They both served amazing missions and were a huge part of my life.
Grateful for the experiences we shared. 

This week was the Apple Valley Tree lighting! It was beautiful. The whole time though I was disappointed... The world is taking Christ out of Christmas.  He wasn't mentioned once and it made me so sad. So my sisters and I decided to Christmas Carol on the sidewalk where everyone was walking. We sang for about an hour. It was so cool to be able to feel the spirit through song. People started to notice and stop and sing with us... some would just smile and walk by. Some would walk and compliment us. But the coolest thing... The Daily Press News... stopped and recorded us! So I felt that we were beginning a change in the area... bringing Christ back into Christmas! Who would have thought I used music and my voice.  #miracles

A is still progressing. We had two amazing lessons with her as always! We taught from Moroni 6 about the covenant of Baptism and what that means to her. The Spirit was so strong and testifying to all of us of the love Heavenly Father has for us. She brought up the word of wisdom as a concern... so on Friday we taught her and she accepted everything and committed to live it. She has so much faith and a desire to follow Christ. She knows the truth and has the faith to ask questions to assure herself!! A questioning soul is a healthy soul! (as long as you go to the right resources to find your answers)  haha! 

Despite all the craziness that has been happening over here in my mission that is not mentioned in this email... I am amazed at how much JOY I can experience still because my FOCUS is on Christ. This past General Conference Russell M. Nelson talked about how if our FOCUS is on Christ we can experience and HAVE JOY through ANY circumstance. JOY IS FOR THE FAITHFUL! I truly believe that because I am trusting in God more than ever I have JOY! I love Him! 
Grateful for the trials and the hard days to make me stronger through the Atonement of Him who is my Savior! 

I love you all! Merry Christmas ALMOST! 
Stay safe this season! 

xoxo
Sister Holt 

 

#Light the World with Christ

The Trio with Ashlynn aka A

Goodbye to Sister Castelo -- Love Her!

No comments:

Post a Comment