12.05.2016

Week 62: Trio in Apple Valley


Trio in Apple Valley

DUN DUN DUN! Finally created a trio! Not for happy reasons but we are surviving! (and it is only for one week) Sister Castelo and I are paired up with Sister Wagner. We are covering 3 wards together. It is a blast. Both Castelo and Wagner only have a week left in their missions... so I am killing them both off. Keep me in your prayers... I'll need it.  They will be deeply missed.

Okay okay okay, let me try to give you a run down of the week we had! I hope I can remember all the good parts.  There is just so much all the time.

A came to family home evening on Monday and brought a less active friend with her!! She is already doing missionary work... she is so solid! We had two awesome lessons with A this week. On Wednesday, we taught the Plan of Salvation. She loved it. We read 2 Nephi 9 along with it. Verse 18 talks about 'Enduring the crosses of the world' and how if we do that... we shall be full of JOY forever!!! What an amazing promise. I invite all of you to go read that chapter and verse. It brings me great comfort. The world is a distracting and busy place. When we lose focus and fall into the shame of the world we can get lost. But if we will just ENDURE the crosses... (Crosses being the lusts and temptations of the world)... we can focus on Christ and find eternal JOY not just temporary happiness. 

On Friday, we had another lesson with A was awesome as well. We talked through Alma 32 about nourishing our faith. We nourish our faith by Scripture study, obedience, attending church, and daily sincere prayer. We touched on baptism. She said she was thinking about May. However, Sister Castelo and I felt prompted earlier that she will be prepared by January 21. Sooooo I was very bold and told her that as representatives of Jesus Christ we receive guidence on how to help her progress... and we both feel that January 21 is the date. She was shocked.... Then asked us... "You really think that I can be ready that soon? If you think I can, I will!!! I will be baptized January 21!!" She needed a little confidence boost... SOOO we believe A will be getting  baptized in January!! She came to a baptism on Saturday and loved it!! She was so excited. Everything was perfect she said. 

ALSO huge miracle! Her mom is warming up to us and has invited us to have lessons in their home!!! :) A loved church on Sunday and stayed all three hours and stayed for break the fast! It was amazing. I love her!! She truly has become one of my best friends!!

Sharing the gospel is UNREAL - my heart is so full every day!! Miracles happen every single day in front of our eyes!! It is absolutely beautiful. And these promises that come from living the gospel of Jesus Christ are eternal. 

So thankful for another Christmas season. I love hearing every one  talking about Him daily.  I have been talking about Him every day ALL YEAR and plan to do so for the rest of my life. I enjoyed the Christmas Devotional on Sunday. The story of Christmas isn't fully told without the story of Easter. Jesus Christ is our Redeemer, Savior, and Brother! He came into this world just as we did and overcame all that we have to face in order to help us. He is the ultimate gift!! of Eternal life!! He gave His life so that we can have everlasting life!!! 

I am grateful for the life that He has given me - Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ... through the story Christmas and Easter.... my story continues to be fulfilled! 

Continue to share His light www.mormon.org #lighttheworld
Join in the service of Christ!! 

xoxo
Sister Holt 




Desert Knolls Christmas Party -- Walk in Bethlehem

Hike to the Water Fall the morning of Dec. 5th, 2016
Can't even explain --- just being silly.

Sister Crane and I -- Love her.

Kissing a camel 

No comments:

Post a Comment