1.02.2017

Week 66: Happy New Year & Eternal Friendships

Happy New Year 2017 Everybody!!! Isn't the start of a new year so refreshing? To be able to look back and see all that you accomplished in the year prior and what you have to look forward to in the next? 2016 seems like a dream to me... the best dream and I can't believe it will be over soon. One dream I will never forget!  

This week was so amazing where do I even start?! Well, the Christmas Spirit lingers so we were able to teach so much since all the hussle and bussle settled down. 

We are preparing A for baptism in just two weeks! She is darling!! She keeps telling everyone that her Christmas isn't over until January 14th! And she is like a little kid waiting for it to get here already! Her family is all planning on attending so it should be a very special day. It is the sweetest thing to hear her talk about her excitement. Our lessons are always so spiritual and amazing! I can't think of any better words at the moment. (braindead) Her story is amazing. I know Heavenly Father put us in each others lives for a reason. #Eternal Friendships 

D is still progressing as well! We are reading through the For Strength of Youth pamphlet with her. Some simple doctrines and standards to live by which will help her prepare for baptism in April! It is fun and just needs to be  simple and slow for her! Life style changes are hard! 

We got around to seeeing so many new faces in the YSA ward this week and started working with many of them. 

In Mojave Narrows family ward, we are working with lots of members in the ward. Trying to build relationships and trust with this ward is important to them. We have been visiting S for a while now... she is up and down and up and down so we keep our eye on her and her family alot. She is amazing to say the least though... for what she goes through every day - I am amazed to see her so happy! The gospel and God's love does that for us though! Anyways. we do Personal Progress with her on Sundays usually but this week she called us on Thursday for impromtu scripture study. And It was the most amazing night ever!! 

We went over there and all the kids gathered around and her two non member sisters were there and we read the scriptures and had the best discussion!! The Spirit was immedietly brought into that house and stayed after we left. Her sister S came to church on Sunday and that night we started teaching her! She was like..... " You know you are a dancer... and you just go modern dance for the longest time and there comes a time when you just wanna try JAZZ!!!!???" haha That is how she feels! She has so many questions and a strong faith already. She is amazing!! We are best friends!! She gets me. We were talking about the attributes of each of our mothers last night and I was talking about how if it weren't for my mother's strong example of faith in my life... I wouldn't be where I am today! And S yelled out... " Your momma knew I needed ya!!!" 
So grateful for all these mini blessings!! They bring me JOY! 

I am in love in with my mission. Even if the day is hard and it continues to be hard... I am able to find JOY and be happy! I have a great companion who helps me and supports me in doing so and we work hard together! I have faith that God is leading us where we need to go and we get there when we need to. I know Jesus Christ, my Savior strengthens me to do this through His grace. I love this gospel!! Jacob 4:7

Happy New Year my friends!! 
I love love love you all! 

xox
Sister Holt 




Christmas Caroling

Family Ward Member Made this -- My LIFE is made! We love the Grinch in My Family!

Shannon and Sharlene and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment