10.31.2016

Week 57: Happy Halloween & the Promise of the Atonement

It was a busy week -- Not sure where it went.

So many wonderful things happen in a weeks time. I always find it challenging to wrap it up.

We had three exchanges this week. So out of 5 proselyting days I was with my companion 2 days. For district meeting and also weekly planning. It is so funny... we barley work together if seems like. But Sister Castelo is the best supportive companion I could ask for. She takes great care of me and is so patient with me. It was Sister Castelo's 21st birthday on Thursday  and I decorated very spontaneously for her cause that's all I could do. It was an awesome birthday though. 

Monday we taught FHE at the YSA ward and it was super awesome. We showed the Bible Video of Jesus Christ and the Rich Young Ruler and talked about "What Lack I Yet?" and What can we sacrifice in our lives in order to fully follow our Savior? And Can we do it? 

Tuesday we had a wonderful lesson with G and M who are recent converts. They are wonderful and I dearly love them. We are started the Book of Mormon over with them... I don't know if I have already told you that. 

Wednesday I was on exchanges with Hermana D and it was awesome! Almost everyone answered their doors and we talked to soooo many people. It was awesome! We got a return appointment with a former and passed off some investigators we had. We think that they would learn better with Spanish speaking missionaries. Even though I had no idea what they were saying I felt the Spirit so strong that they were prepared. And They were!! 

Thursday I was on an exchange with Sister Crane! My old/last companion. It was so fun to be with her again. She has grown and changed so much just in the last 5 weeks! I couldn't believe it was actually her! I was a proud momma that day! We got to teach a lady named Dorthoy. She is very old and probably didn't remember a word we taught her but it felt good so thats awesome!! She also showed us her rock collection and we each got to take a couple rocks home so we would remember her. How sweet huh?? 

Friday we had our ward halloween party! Halloween is a VERY serious holiday up here in the desert of California. They had this crazy huge party with a haunted house and everything in  some rooms in the church. This thing was crazy, it didn't even look like the church once you walked in. There were soooo many projectors and it looked like a ride at Disneyland (the line was big enough to be hahaha.) We got to cut in line since we were late for exchanges. So they let us pass through. #fastpass #missionaryperks

Saturday I was on another exchange with Sister Carter! She is a wonderful sister and we were able to do so much that day. We met so many people as well...  Hopefully some seeds were planted!! 

Sunday was full of meetings. I don't know if I have mentioned how much church we have but for your information I am at church from 7 am to 4 pm. It is wild. But i actually love it.

Church was wonderful. So many good inspiring talks. We had a wonderful discussion of the Atonement of Jesus Christ in the last hour of YSA ward. The main point that we often miss sometimes is that the Atonement isn't just for healing or forgiveness. The Atonement provides us the strength we need to be able to heal and to be forgiven. Or even the strength we need to be able to ASK for forgiveness. We should never be afraid to ask or confess. Our Heavenly Father is loving. He would never reject us. He wants us to find peace and joy here on earth. Why would he reject us or be mad at us for our mistakes? Why would He send down His Only Begotten Son for us if he was just going to reject us in the end? NO. Jesus Christ's life would be pointless if that was the case. 

I promise you all that the Atonement of Jesus Christ can provide the strength, the courage, the willingness to be able to CHANGE! To be able to repent and turn our lives for the better. I am a walking example of that change that my Savior Jesus Christ provided for me. I know it works and I know it is real. And we would be foolish to not partake of that gift every single day. 

I love the work of the Lord and the trust He has in me to be here! This work is changing me every single day!! 

Stay safe and Happy Halloween!! 
xox
Sister Holt 



Exchanges with the Hermana's -- Sister D  (curly hair) is from New Caledonia

Exchanges with Sister Crane and Wagner! Met @ Frozen Yogurt to
celebrate Sister Castelo's birthday! 

Exchange with Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment