10.24.2016

Week 56: Good Week & Good Words

AND it is Monday again.....  

Last Tuesday we had an awesome lesson with a part member family that we have been working with. R is catholic and his wife is an inactive member. They really have a desire to know truth and they want it for their family. R agrees with all of the beliefs and doctrines of the gospel. Except in Catholicism they believe in the Trinity. That will be the one thing he will have a hard time letting go of but it is possible. We were able to teach the restoration of the gospel on Tuesday and discussed the Book of Mormon and the first vision of Joseph Smith. Basically it all comes down to.... either it happened or it didn't happen. Really? YES! And we can know. If the Book of Mormon is true, then Joseph Smith is a prophet called upon by God and Jesus Christ and if that is true then the First Vision is an actual event where we are revealed that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are two separate glorified beings. 

Wednesday we collected our friends from the YSA and went out scouting out all the YSA - it was fun! Stuff is finally getting organized for us in this ward and we are taking it and running with it. It's fun! 

Thursday I was on exchanges with Sister Pierce. She is from Utah and is just darling. Her favorite thing about being a missionary is testifying. She loves being able to have opportunities every day to testify of Heavenly Fathers love. We had a fun day together to be able to get to know each other and serve together. Something that I learned from her was that obedience to the  morning schedule provides the opportunity for us to gain the companionship of the Spirit and if we have the spirit we will be able to teach with power and authority. The morning schedule for a missionary is very sacred time. It is inspired! (FYI I have always followed the schedule... but the Spirit teaches us and expounds on the things we already know when we teach them to others) 

Saturday I was on another exchange with Hermana Quiroz. I was in the spanish area. It was so fun even though I had no idea what people were saying. Languages are amazing to me. It was their Halloween party for the primary kids and oh my goodness Latinos go ALL OUT!!! Everyone was head to toe costumes and the rooms were decorated floor to ceiling. Like we were in a whole new world... like Disneyland. SO AMAZING! Yes they brought the Sister Missionaries costumes to wear. I made Hermana wear the more embarrassing one... lol  She looked better as Cleopatra anyways... cause I'm too white for that. So I was Princess Fiona from Shrek. LOL!

Anyways - we had an amazing lesson that night with a family that wants to come back to church. We read the Character of Christ by Elder Bednar with them and talked about who Jesus Christ is to us. They all said Strength and I think that is so true. He is our strength!! Without Him coming to earth and taking upon himself the pains of the flesh, he would not know how to strengthen or heal us. HOW grateful are we? I was grateful for the opportunity I had to bear my testimony of who Jesus Christ is for me and all that I see him doing in my life. It was a powerful moment for me. He is more than just a name to me. He is truly my best friend and my SAVIOR. My life-saver if you will. 

Recently, I have been pondering a thought... I feel like we either as members or non members we "water-down" all of the tools and the blessings we receive from God. And by water down I mean take for granted. Let me explain... 

There are certain phrases we say on a day to day basis like... "God loves you" or "Jesus Christ's Atonement", or "Charity is the pure love of Christ." But do we really understand, comprehend, or value those words. If I really dig deeper and think about what does it means FOR ME that "God loves me" -- it can heal and cure so much confusion, heart ache, and stress. We have to change our perspectives to an eternal perspective. When we are thinking temporally... these phrases just sounds like words... in one ear and out the other and they don't leave us satisfied or healed. 

It is sad to go around and try to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with people and the minute they hear the words, church, teach, or Jesus Christ. It is an automatic , "No". Why is that??
Because everything in this world has been "watered-down"  and God and Jesus Christ have been taken out of  our priorities. 

Lets get back to the basics and the pure foundation of allllll this! Let us not overlook the simple wonders we speak of. Let us be conscious of the words we use and let us use them with the most respect, love, and value. 

I am trying! That is all he asks of us. Is to try!! How wonderful!? :) 

xoxo Keep safe and warm! 
Sister Holt 

Apple Valley

Halloween Party --- I am Princess Fiona from Shrek!

As Sisters in Zion -- :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment