10.17.2016

Week 55: What you are willing to sacrifice?

Hola Buenos Dias!  

This week was awesome!! I am so happy everyday. 

This Tuesday we had zone meeting. Sister Castelo and I were asked to give a training on Asking Direct Questions and Promising Blessings. We related these two topics back to the story of the rich young ruler in Matthew Chapter 19. The ruler asks Jesus how he can gain eternal life. Jesus replies and says, "Keep all the commandments". The ruler replies, " I have already done that all my life, what lack I yet?" And Jesus tells him to sacrifice all that he possess and come and follow Him. And the ruler walked away. 

Are we willing to sacrifice all that we have to follow the Savior? The Lord will always ask us to do something or ask something of us for eternity. Asking questions and promising blessings is an eternal principle. If the Lord was sitting in front of you and asked you to do something.... what would He ask you to do? And would you do it? We know the blessings that are promised. Eternal life with eternal happiness! But are we willing to do what is required to get there? 

We found two new investigators this week. Sister Castelo and I were walking one night trying to find an address we needed for a member in the ward. A car pulled into the drive way  and a bunch of people got out of it. I ran up to them and asked if they knew where the address was that we were looking for but they didn't know where it was... They had recently moved into the area. So we started walking away..... (so stupid I know... I didn't say anything.... so ashamed! I don't know what I was thinking) BUT THE LORD CAME THROUGH! A second later the young man, Ed, said "Are you girls lost?" So we turned around in shame saying, "Yeeeeeeeessssssssssss.!!!!" So he helped us and I pounced on this opportunity to redeem myself. We started getting to know him and talked about his religious upbringing. They recently moved into the neighborhood and haven't been to church in a long time but their family ancestry is a catholic line. We both testified of God's love and shared our purpose as missionaries. We asked him we could come back and teach him. He went and got his mom to ask and she came out to us. We introduced ourselves and bore our testimonies and asked if she would like to learn more about Jesus Christ and she said, "YES!"  We scheduled an appointment to meet with her family this coming Wednesday. They are Hispanic and would prefer spanish. So we have to do a pass off lesson with the Hermana's. But it was such an amazing lesson and moment for me. I had to share! 

I went on two exchanges this week. One with Sister Lamb. She is from Meridian, Idaho!!! WOW COOL!!! She is a sweetie and totally worked at the Cold Stone on the Eagle Rd. My next exchange was on Saturday with Sister Raines. I got to go up to Wrightwood which is a little town up in the mountains that is identical to McCall, Idaho. I was in heaven. The people are wonderful there. I had such a good time! 

I really really really love my Savior, Jesus Christ and I know that He loves me so much. I want to do all that I can to make him happy and spread His wonderful word. It is all because of Him that I can be here doing what I am doing. Just being in the Spirit of His service and His hands changes a person from who they were on their way to becoming to who God has designed us to be. Nothing but gratitude from me. But it is my job to never FORGET what he has done for me and who he is! As I remember that everyday, that is when I can progress. That is why the sacrament is so important. It causes us to REMEMBER and to always have His spirit to be with us. Let us not forget! 

I love you all and I know God and His son, Jesus Christ loves you too. 
We all have such a divine purpose here. 

xoxo
Sister Holt 



Sister Lamb (from Idaho) and me

Wrightwood, CA

Sister Raines and me


No comments:

Post a Comment