10.11.2016

Week 54: One Year and Loving All of It

This week was a whirlwind, as usual, Am I right?! But I loved it! It has officially been one year since I left home as a set a part missionary, representative of Jesus Christ. And I can honestly truly say that it has been the best and most fulfilling year I have lived. I have learned and evolved so much! I am so grateful for this experience. To be where I am and doing what I am doing. I love the work so much and I know that it is the Lord's work. I rely on him more than ever out here in the mission field and it is preparing me to know how to rely on him once I am home. The MTC prepares us for these 2 years or 18 months but these 18 months prepare me for the rest of my life here on earth. All the principles taught and learned from Preach My Gospel are applicable to our life back home. The Lord asks us to give him a crumb and in return we get a whole loaf of bread. HOW INCREDIBLE!?!  

This week I was able to go on two exchanges.  One with my dear Sister Hernandez and with Sister Day. Sister Hernandez was my first greenie that I trained and we got the privledge to be companions for a day once again! It was so much fun to be with her. I learn so much from her and I love teaching and sharing the gospel with her. We have such a good teaching flow! 

On Saturday I was with Sister Day for the day :) She is awesome!! She has a true desire to improve. Sometimes the mission gets hard and sometimes our areas aren't going the way we think they should but learning how to rely on the Lord and find joy in the work is such a huge lesson to learn!! We had a whole day of unanswered doors and I could tell it was very discouraging but right before we could a break to eat some dinner... we went to try a former named Kelly. We walked up and down this street looking for an address that didn't seem to exist. She supposedly lived in an apt #2 so we went to the closest address we could find and chose door #2.  We ended up talking to a guy named Gus. His mother just passed away and he was looking for something to uplift him. We gave him a Restoration pamphlet and he said he would be interested in us coming back to study with him!! HUGE MIRACLE!! The whole  day turned around... The Lord wanted us to endure to the very end and at the end there is was a little piece of gold. Even if it doesn't turn into a baptism for us or them... it was about the principle that the Lord wanted to teach us. And It just feels good to talk to people!! ;) 

We had MLC this week. Which is Missionary Leadership Council. This is where all the sister training leaders and zone leaders meet with President and Sister Taylor and the AP's to discuss our months goals and train on the principles to be taught and learned this month. It was my first time being there and it was amazing!!! So many different times to learn something from the Spirit. This month is about keeping commitments. Something that I took away from the meeting was that we are always going to be asked to do something by God and our Savior. there is always going to be something to be strengthen in ourselves and we strengthen those things by keeping our commitments to them. We learn by showing faith. We learn by taking action!! 

I love serving the Lord!! 
xoxo
Sister Holt
Sister Herandez and I Reunited  and it Feels so Good.

The Sisters in the Missionary Leadership Training

Flowers that were left on our Doorstep --- So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment