10.03.2016

Week 53: Busy Area --- Here in the Desert

Let me think..... honestly my brain is mush. I love to be positive and happy about everything but lets be real. This week was THE MOST mentally exhausting week I have had. My prayers are a lot longer lately because I have a lot more to say now. My faith has been tested. I mainly learned that everything doesn't just get better by the flip of a switch. It takes constant and diligent prayer, seeking peace, and studying for answers. The Lord was very gracious because it only took about 3 days for me to feel normal again.  

I am not saying all this negatively at all, but more in gratitude. I am grateful that the Lord puts me in challenging situations for me to stretch myself and to learn the most from my time here. He has put a lot of trust in me as he has brought up so much change for me. SO really just the adjustments were the hard part. BUT I am adjusted now and I am at peace. SO much peace!! It is amazing how the Lord has truly given me the strength that I need and the energy I need that I didn't think I had. Also He has stabilized my emotions so that this peaceful feeling doesn't go away as long as I am doing what I am supposed to. I just can truly feel him with me. It is so real!!

MY companion and I are Whitewashing (that's when two new missionaries are put into an area) two wards.  First, Mojave Narrows = AMAZING WARD. These members know their people and they love their missionaries. We were welcomed with open arms into everyone's home. Plus they were so helpful and gave us information overload to help us out. The ward is teeny tiny; everybody knows everybody - they are all up in each others business. But that is just the way it goes here. I have had two very busy areas in my mission so far but this area tops those two in business by a long shot. The desert just has it going on!!!!!! We have appointments with everyone, everyone wants to talk to the missionaries! It is awesome!! 

Ridgecrest YSA is a different story. YSA = Whoa ! I probably just look like deer in the head lights the whole time at all the activities because being around young people my age as a missionary is just odd to say the least. BUT ALL THE KIDS ARE SO KIND! Seriously they are so cute and so happy. They actually want to be friends with the missionaries and they want to be share the gospel with their friends! It is going to be so fun to serve in this ward. :) 

Sister Castelo and I have 22 sisters that we are over... we cover the entire high desert of sister missionaries so that means we get to travel all over to go on exchanges with them. Wahoo! 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEDDDDD conference!!! It was amazing. Didn't ya think so?! 
I just felt sooo much LOVE from all the speakers. They truly love us! They want the best for us because our loving Heavenly Father wants the best for us! We must NEVER FORGET where and who we come from. Our Heavenly Heritage. Elder Rasband hit home for me. We have to see the theme that reoccurred this conference. The Restoration and the Plan of Salvation are the basics that we need to go back to. We shouldn't forget those either. So the spiritual experiences we have throughout our lives need to be laid on our foundation for us to go back to. 

I feel so strongly that that wraps up everything we need. We need to REMEMBER what we have in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! 

Thank you for all your support and your love and prayers.

xoxo
Sister Holt

P.S. 
I promise I will  be better at pictures this week!!! :) 



Sister Castello and I -- new companion

Squash Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment