11.08.2016

Week 58: We Choose to be Happy and Find Joy

We saw soooo many miracles this week! Hard work pays off even when they are just tiny miracles or blessings! It is just good to reach out and to recognize them. I tried hard to do that this week.  

First Monday night was awesome. It was Halloween  and we had no dinner plans and had to be in by 6.  So my bomb of a mother ordered us pizza and the miracle is that the guy who dropped off our pizza needed to check my ID and card but I told him that it was my mom's and she is  in Idaho and he let me slide just this once!! #miracles! haha

Tuesday, we had an awesome district meeting. I really feel like our district is coming together more and everyone is picking up their game and supporting each other. It is awesome. We had a lesson with S later that day about the Word of Wisdom. Basically, she is going to need to start  eliminating one thing at a time and it will be hard. But she really wants this. We testified that she is not alone in this and not only are WE here to help and support her but that Heavenly Father and her Savior, Jesus Christ are here right beside her to help her. They will lift her if she lets them. 

Later we met with G and M and read the scriptures. G had a lot of great questions. I love the spirit when we read the Book of Mormon. It truly has so much power and love that comes from the words. 

Wednesday we had an exchange with the Sante Fe sisters. I was with Sister Brown and she is from South Dakota. And if anyone can love she can. She is so invested in her members, investigators and everyone she meets in this area. It is amazing to see how much she loves these people. Truly inspiring. She is a fun loving sister. We had a baptismal interview that day with M and A. They got baptized this Saturday. A momma and a daughter. It was precious to see how excited they were for this next step. A day they will remember forever. 

Thursday - Sister Castelo and I hit up all the YSA's. haha! Well we tried. We picked up a new investigator named D. She is darling. Just graduated and loves God. She has read the Book of Mormon before and knows that it is true. She is so sincere and just a ball of sunshine. We read 2 Nephi 4 and talked about how God is our support alllll the time. He is here for us. He loves us and never will leave us. Isn't that an amazing thought? Heavenly Father, a literal GOD, loves us and wants US to be happy. Someone who controls absolutely everything in the universe cares about OUR happiness and will take the time to help you. 

I am amazed every single day at how He has time to take care of all the little things in our lives. Something simple as our protection or energy. I know that my energy is not coming from me.... I would not be able to do what I am doing without Him along side me. He is boosting me up with energy to do what I am doing.

Then we had institute that night with the YSA ward. I always learn so much there. It's such a privilege being able to go. 

Friday is weekly planning daaaaaaay! And covering two wards and 10 companionships of sisters we have LOTS of planning. I always really have to focus because I get distracted easily and get really antsy to get outside! But it has to get done. Otherwise the next week is a WRECK! (over dramatic but true) 

Saturday, We had dinner with a new returned sister missionary in our ward. She is darling. I love her! She had us over and made us crepes. We talked about our missions and how we have all changed because of them. It was such a great time for me to reflect on different things I have learned from this past year. There is too much to narrow it down. 

I really have matured in my perspective on my life though. I have gained such a stronger knowledge of the plan of salvation and it continues to expand from my studies of the Book of Mormon. It amazes me the more I learn. God's plan is absolutely perfect.... without error. Since the foundation of the world it has been prepared and planned out. He has given us everything we need to be happy and to find JOY. And now it is in our hands . We get to choose whether or not we will use the tools he has given us to experience soon what he experiences. That is our goal! And there is only one way! 

Sunday was amazing, long, and crazy!! BUT AMAZING!! We had ward council and that is always an awesome experience. Then we walked down a block to go pick up S and J. Two different investigators that live close to each other. S wasn't home. BIG bummer so we were praying that J would be up and ready. And she was!! and dressed modestly!! It was a miracle and we walked to church and it was so fun. J loved it there and the first thing she said was, "I felt the spirit you guys!"  IT was adorable. She said she would def be back next week for all 3 hours with her two lil boys! We also got a new ward mission leader which is pretty awesome, Brother Mazzola! I am super excited! 

I am in love with missionary work and being here! Even though everyday is a new kind of hard and sometimes it is slow. I still find so much joy in this work. I try my best and the Lord takes care of so much more then I could ever thank him for. I know Christ LIVES and He is with us. HOW does he do it all at once? I don't know but I feel Him all the time and I know you can too. His grace and love are incomprehensible. I am so grateful!! I know the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored. I know this is Christ's church on the earth today. The work would not move along this good if He was not at the head. 

I love you all and thank you every day for the support and prayers that I receive. 

xoxo
Sister Holt 


Jesus Loves You!

Pizza on Halloween -- Thanks MOM!

Exchanges with the Santa Fe Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment