9.24.2016

Week 51: Trip to the Temple & Finding my Vision for Me

Love  this Book!
It feels like it has been a long time since I last wrote. Almost two weeks went by. The reason being was because we got to visit the Redlands Temple today (Thursday). It was beautiful and everything that I needed. I love the temple and not too many more words can explain my love for it. So there ya go!  Feel blessed that I could go.

LAST Thursday we had zone conference and Elder Dube of the Quorum of the Seventy came to speak to us. He is originally from Zimbabwe Africa and he is a ball of fire let me tell you that much. We had to sit in the chapel from 9 am to 3 pm and I don't think a single missionary yawned. He kept us awake and alive. It was such a good zone conference!! It is very unlike me to forget my notes to tell you what I learned but I will try to do it justice from my memory alone.
First we spent a lot of time talking about two different types of missionaries. The natural missionary and the disciple of Christ missionary. Basically based off the quote in Preach My Gospel page 6 by Spencer W. Kimball, " The setting apart may be taken literally; it is a setting apart from sin, apart from the carnal; apart from everything which is crude, low, vicious, cheap, or vulgar; set apart from the world to a higher plane of thought and activity. The blessing is conditional upon faithful performance." We took each of those main words and discussed the opposite for each one and that is the difference between these two types of missionaries. Sounds dramatic but it is so real. 

My favorite thing that I took away from this zone conference was to have a vision for myself. Pray to Heavenly Father to help me see my potential and a better vision for my future. Mainly to help me know that what I am doing RIGHT NOW WILL benefit me and my posterity later. Elder Dube kept saying that our posterity is relying on us!! That really stuck with me. 

" The most pathetic person is the person that has sight but no vision." - Helen Keller. 
Everything we do, we should have our vision in the back of our minds. It easier said then done but it can happen. In Moses 1:6-8 God lets Moses see his potential and God will let us see that too if we have that desire. Dependent on our faith, God will not withhold anything from us. I figured that my mission is to become, not to be. I am on my way to becoming who the Lord wants me to be... I am not that person yet and I am far from that but He is helping me see the vision he has for me. 

We had a good lesson with A. this week. We introduced the Book of Mormon and read the introduction to him. At the end I bore my testimony on how I came to know that it was true and he said that once he finishes reading it he hopes to bare a testimony like that as well. I thought this was sweet.... 

He also said.. "So what kind of effort are we making in helping everyone in the world read this Book of Mormon?" We said, "Well we have about 80,000 missionaries around the world working every day to share this message." He said, "80,000 is not enough... even if we had 8,000,000 that is still not enough!!" If this book is so important then we need WAY more than that!! AND I AGREE!!! We need everyone in the church sharing this truth that we have!  NOW is the time more than ever to FLOOD THE EARTH WITH THE BOOK OF MORMON! #PresidentEzraTaftBenson 
And when we do, we should NEVER hand out a closed book. We should always leave it with them open to something for them to read and ponder. 

Okay I don't have any more time!! I will write another one on Monday!! Which is transfers week.  I think I will be transferred out of Diamond Bar.

Keep being amazing! 
Love you all!!
xoxo
Sister Holt

P.s. I followed through with my goal and took many many many pictures this week!! 



Said goodbye to the Manzanares family! They are moving <3 I love them! 

 My posterity picture! My two babies and my grandbaby! (mission talk) 

Chino Sisters



No comments:

Post a Comment