9.07.2016

Week 49: Shiny Moments Gone Bad :) But Funny

So I guess time doesn't stop even if we want it to.... Goodness Gracious I can't believe how fast this week went by!  

Let me just give a shout out to the Christ family in the Diamond Bar ward for taking amazing care of the missionaries! Sister Crane and I didn't have money or food for the week. We didn't make it known to anyone, but it was a concern of ours for sure, but we knew the Lord would provide. Low and behold, we were at the Christ's house and she asked us what we bought on our P-Day... we were silent. Next thing I knew she had three giant bags of goodies waiting for us at the door. #MIRACLE! I love them so much for many reasons other than just this moment :) 

On Wednesday, we had an awesome lesson with Tesan going over learning and serving in the church. She just received a calling to be the cleaning coordinator. She is in charge of making sure our church building gets clean and orderly. Let me tell you how inspired this calling is for her because she is one of the cleanest people I know. Our building has been spotless needless to say :) We talked about how each calling in the church has purpose and value. She is no less important than the bishop and we all contribute to building up the Lord's kingdom here on earth. 

Thursday was the "BOOK OF MORMON" day. We had 3 lessons with some less active members and we read the Book of Mormon with each of them. I think that has become one of my favorite types of lessons lately. I love reading and discussing the verses of scripture that we read. I learn something new every time! This book truly has power that is indescribable. 

Saturday I was on exchanges with Hermana Rosas. Yes I went to a Spanish area all day. It was soooo much fun. I really wish I could learn Spanish - these people are just so happy to talk to us!! Such a different contrast from my daily conversations with people. I actually did pick up a lot of different phrases in Spanish that day. It was fun! To say the least, this exchange was a pure miracle!! We were looking to contact a referral and one of my goals is to walk around the area before leaving it so that is what we did. We learned that this referral we were trying to contact was the wrong addresss!!!! We found the right address but G wasn't home. BUT we got to talk with M who is 17 and just graduated high school. We were able to teach her the Restoration and she accepted a Book of Mormon and said 'that was really beautiful to hear, I needed that!' We asked if we could return and teach her more and she was like, "Do you have time to come see me again?" haha OF COURSE WE DO! This is what we do!!! She laughed! My goodness, she is so prepared! 

Later that day we were walking a couple blocks off from where we needed to go and we walked past this big buff guy... but he didn't scare me even though he looked like he would punch me dead. I said, '"Hola!! Are you having a good day?!" And he stopped to talk to us!!!! We ended up teaching him about the Restoration and he accepted the Book of Mormon and told us that his best friend just returned from her mission in SLC. He was so pumped. He told us how much sense the Restoration lesson makes. It was amazing!!! We walked with him throughout the park. It was so fun! I love people!!!!

NOW Sunday was the best Sunday I have ever had on my mission, without a doubt. It was fast and testimony meeting and our chapel was packed! (There was a baby blessing as well). I like to sit in the front especially if we have investigators. But no one new came to church so it was just me, Tesan, and Sister Crane in the pew in the front. Towards  the end of the meeting Tesan leans over to me and says, "My heart is beating so fast!" And she kind of gives me a little grin... I said back, "I wonder whyyyyy" ;) A couple minutes later, she says, "Well I'm going and nothing is going to stop me!" 

Wellllll...... as she was getting out of the pew I noticed that she had a cute little shiny brown bum.... then a couple steps further I realized that it was her SLIP and that HER SKIRT WAS FALLING DOWN!!! I lunged forward and tried to pull up her skirt but I scared her by touching her bum that she turned around in shock .... hahah!! And  then her skirt feel completely down to her calves! She realized what was going on and LEAPED  back into the pew and landed right onto my lap! I tried to scoot over so she could just sit next to me but all that was happening was us scooting back and forth in the pew with her on my lap!!! Sister Crane's face was purple from laughing so hard and I was crying from laughing so hard and Tesan was crying too from laughing so hard. And the whole bishopric couldn't hold it together either. It was a riot let me tell you!! 

Once we pulled ourselves together, Tesan stood right back up and went to bare her testimony. It was true... nothing was going to hold her back!! SO INSPIRING! She is a champ! I was so proud of her. She held her cool and bore an absolutely beautiful, genuine, and original testimony. And she did it without her skirt falling down! She handled herself with such a class. Only Tesan could pull that off!! My hero! 

I later felt prompted to go bear my testimony. The spirit was so strong within me  and there wasn't anything holding me back!! It feels so good to bare my testimony to the ward. It is still scary for me. I never bore my testimony in church until college and that was horrifying (not for me but for the congregation) but I actually  I love it now. That is what a mission will do for ya I guess! : ) 

This week was truly a beautiful week full of many moments that I will remember forever. I absolutely love being a missionary. I am approaching my year mark and it is becoming a reality that I have been away for that long when to me it feels like 3 months. I am so grateful for journals, as I look back to when I started and where I am now. I can see the Lord working in me... molding me... changing me... and helping me every step of the way. I haven't been able to do this on my own. I truly know that He, my Savior, Jesus Christ has made it possible for me to continue each and every day. My relationship with Him has become more real and real in a way that I know without a doubt that He is there. It is so comforting not having any doubts... of Him, the gospel, this work. I truly know there is purpose for everything that happens and if we trust Him, It works out!!! It really does! Clarity is found within the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Everything in the Gospel of Jesus Christ hangs on LOVE because that is what he has for us. And that is what we should have for everyone around us. I invite you to really study about what love really is. Study the life of Christ and learn of how he showed LOVE. It has changed me. 

I LOVE you all. I truly do. 
Have a beautiful week! 
<3 
Sister Holt
 


All the Sisters in the Chino Zone

All the Goodies Provided by the Christ Family -- Thank you!

With Tesan and Sister Crane on Labor Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment