8.29.2016

Week 48: The Priesthood Can Bless Us!!

We met a lot of crazy and interesting people this week. None of which were interested BUT we had some good stories and conversations with them. Which is what a mission is all about, Am I right?!  

For weeks Sister Crane and I both felt that we need to tract Tanglewood, which is a street in our area. We have gone out a couple weeks and just forget or don't have time. Anyways! We finally went and got it done. We found like 5 potentials! The first door we knocked on, I had a special feeling that this would be a good one. But no one answered. So we continued to tract the whole street and when we walked around the block and came back to our car a couple hours later, there was a car parked in this driveway of this first house. I knew that it wasn't there before but Sister Crane thought it was. I said, "OH WELL! Let's go knock again anyways!" Turns out that this man, R, has been looking for a way to connect with God and has been yearning for a relationship with him. He didn't have time to listen to our message but he said that we could come back! I bore testimony that it wasn't a coincidence that we showed up on his doorstep that day and that if he would truly ask with real intent if this is right, God will answer him as I handed him a Restoration Pamphlet. And he said, "Alright, I think I will actually read this." GOOD! 

My favorite thing lately has been going to the parks in our area to contact people who are out with their families. On Wednesday we met so many great people. C who doesn't live in Diamond Bar but he knows that the missionaries are teaching in his neighborhood. We talked for a while about religion and our beliefs. We committed C to talk to the missionaries next time he sees them. He said he would! We also contacted a former investigator and set up a return appointment for this week with her! We are very excited about it. 

For quite some time I have felt the prompting to get a priesthood blessing. But I kept brushing it off because I didn't feel like I really needed one. But Tuesday morning I had a very strong impression from the Spirit to get one that day from a specific elder. I was really still fighting it. I am not sure why I was so much but I was. I finally just let go and asked for one. As soon as I did, I felt peace knowing that Heavenly Father really needs to tell me something. So many answers came flooding in through the blessing that I received and so much clarity! FYI this elder had never met me before nor had I ever met him. But I knew that Heavenly Father needed him to give me this blessing. I want to tell you how powerful and true the power of the priesthood is. It is so real! There is absolutely no way that a 19 year old elder could give me such a perfect blessing, telling me exactly what I need to hear, addressing so many concerns and worries of mine without knowing me. The priesthood is truly God's authority and power here on the earth. He truly can speak to us through worthy vessels by the priesthood. Nothing could be so perfect. #miracle

We had a lesson with Madeline and also Marsha. We are really trying our best to get everyone into the Book of Mormon. So they can gain their own testimony of the important role this book plays in our salvation. I believe that if all of us came to understand the importance of the Book of Mormon more, Christ would come a lot sooner. ;) 

I have been thinking a lot about the Plan of Salvation lately and just how lucky we are to have it in our lives. I don't know what I would do without this knowledge. Life would be so pointless and empty. 

I love you all! 
Have a beautiful safe week! 

Sister Holt





No comments:

Post a Comment