8.22.2016

Week 47: To Achieve and Be Happy -- We have Got to WORK!

Another week.... It really feels like it has been a year since I last emailed home. This week was long - we were figuring out a lot of different things this week which made for a long week. Plus we don't have many people to teach which makes it extra long. BUT that doesn't take away from the many miracles we still experience. God is so good. I just need to be patient. :)  

Last couple of weeks we have been digging through our area book. Which is a binder that is kept in an area full of teaching records from past people that have been taught or visited by the missionaries that could possibly be interested in the future. It is one of my least favorite activities on the mission. If it has anything to do with the area book, I am not super excited. But I am trying to love it. We have been praying about former or potential investigators from the area book but haven't had too much luck. They have all either moved away or not interested still. At least we are sifting through all the records for the next missionaries. 

On Wednesday we had a very cool experience.  We choose some people out of the area book to go see.  Once we are there in that area, we usually stay around and knock on a few doors and talk to anyone we see because the Lord took us to these streets for a reason. Right?!!!

Sister Crane and I both felt that something special was going to happen but we had no idea. We rang this doorbell and out walks R. She is a young mom of a 6 year old. She said that Elders used to come by years ago and she told us how they were so nice and fun. We asked her if she ever would want to learn more and she said, "NO". So we said well would you want to at least come to church with us and bring your son? And she said,  "NO, I'm not very religious at this point." we told her that's okay... and kept talking about something and the next thing we knew we were inside her house on the couch. THE FIRST HOUSE WE HAVE BEEN LET INTO IN WEEKS!!!!! We ended up talking to her for a least an hour and a half. She is soo sweet. PLUS, last week her best friend since they were 15 just got baptized and is preparing to be sealed in the temple this winter. R just told us how her mother is crazy in religion so it just turns her off of the subject really fast. We just had a simple conversation about our experiences and how we have gotten where we are today and what we have learned. She really admired our testimonies. She gave us her number so we could come back and see her!!   M I R A C L E ! 

We had zone conference this Thursday which is like a 5 hour long ordeal. It kills me but I learn so much every time! We talked mainly about Finding since that it the Preach My Gospel chapter this month. We discussed Faith... and how faith and fear cannot coexist together. And we cannot be successful when we fear. The minute we let fear into our minds is the minute we let Satan win. Fear is powerful and can limit our success. But faith brings miracles! And only God can work miracles!!! 

"To achieve and Be happy, we have got to work!!" 

Sounds terrible to have to work to be happy, but I have found this to be true. When we let our natural man overtake us, which is usually the easier way, we are less happy! It takes work to be happy!!  It takes us to act to be happy!! 

The four keys to success that President Frimage gave me are... 

1. Obedience 
2. Love your companion 
3. Love the people
4. Work Hard! 

I have found that on my mission as I do the first three things everyday that the last one doesn't seem so hard. Working hard becomes fun and becomes easy!  No matter what else is happening around me I can find happiness through these things. And I know they can be applied to our lives even when we aren't missionaries. 

I love this work and I love this calling! FOREVER THANKFUL! 

Love love love you always, 
Please be safe in all you do, 

Sister Holt 


Me -  Being silly me!

Sister Crane and I --- beautiful Sunset in Diamond Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment