7.11.2016

Week 41: Work Continues in Diamond Bar

Sister Crane and I on our first FULL day.

The work continues in Diamond Bar with Sister Crane! It is a wonderful life!  
Not much change since Wednesday when I last emailed y'all. Still happy as can be! 

Wednesday we met with Madelyn and we had time to address some concerns that she has been facing. A lot of opposition has come her way. She feels like joining the church would be throwing away everything she knows and has been raised with. She struggles believing the Book of Mormon but that's because she isn't reading it. And she has some Joseph Smith concerns. All these got brought up in one day. I can't imagine how overwhelmed she feels but she is trying her best. She first went to the internet to come to find MORE anti feelings about the church. We talked about and showed her ways to find more clear and positive resolutions to her questions. We bore testimony for sincere prayer with faith. We testified of reading the Book of Mormon starting in 3 Nephi  and hope that will help her relate to the Bible more and hear Christ's teachings. We told her that if she would come to church on Sunday she will be able to receive her answers more clearly. She felt better but leaving the lesson I didn't know if we resolved many of her concerns... So we hoped and prayed that she would resolve them through her own studies. 

On Sunday, low and behold Madelyn walked into the church. Showing so much faith and determination on her face. It made me sooo happy!!! We haven't followed up yet but I hope and hope that she felt something!! 

That Wednesday night we found a lost member who's records just randomly showed up in our ward. Her name is Prisella and she is from China. She joined the church about 3 years ago and hasn't really been back but has continued to read the Book of Mormon every now and again. She was so happy to see us at her door. She welcomed us in and told us how excited she was that we found her!! 

We talked about school and what not for a little bit - she is struggling with money right now so she had to take a pause on school and she doesn't know when she will be able to start again. She is literally paying a fortune to go to school - so I told her about LDSBC and how awesome and cheap it was for a good education and it's church owned. She lit up!!! She wants to move to Utah so bad so she can find a cute mormon boy to date!! haha! She's so cute. We will start reading the Book of Mormon with her weekly. 

We visited Tesan twice this week. She is doing so well. Continuing to study and pray daily. Her faith is growing so much. She is adorable. She welcomed Sister Crane with open loving arms. We had a lesson on the importance of the sacrament. Tesan is so observant during the sacrament and she is so faithful to Heavenly Father she always takes that time to reflect and pray. I can really tell how much she relies and values the sacrament each week.  She is a great example.

Saturday I almost killed Sister Crane..... I was so oblivious. 
It was soooo hot -- like HIGH 90's. And I thought it would be a smart idea to tract for the rest of the day. All our appointments fell through so I just started walking... Well 2 and a half hours later.... We were soaked with sweat and had no water..... poor Sister Crane... she didn't complain once until I was like ...  "WE NEED WATER! ahah we are gonna die!!!"  Sooooo we hiked back through the hills to our car and drove to McDonald's and got ourselves the biggest Ice water a girl could get. Don't worry everyone Sister crane still loves me .... but I think she is rethinking if I have a brain or not. 

Sunday was wonderful!!! Favorite day in the mission is always Sundays!! I love Diamond Bar! I love the people here. 

Well this next week I will try not to kill Sister Crane but we are going to be out finding. Walking and talking to everybody. We are gonna go by nice water bottles today in honor of our terrible experience on Saturday. :) 

Keep Diamond Bar in your prayers that we will be lead to the prepared. <3 

Peace and blessings to all of you amazing friends of mine, 
I am grateful each and every day! 

Sister Holt

Tesan and I

Stella ready for baptism
Love this picture of sassy Stella -- with Sister Hernandez and myself

No comments:

Post a Comment