7.06.2016

Week 40: Half Way & Happy Birthday & Hurray a New Baby

Happy Birthday LOVE

I HAD ANOTHER BABY!!!! What the heck is going on?! Mission life is crazy and has been the craziest it has ever been, I finally got to a computer to send you a quick update on life. SOOOO HOLD ON TIGHT AND HERE WE GO!  

First and most importantly - Dear beautiful Stella got baptized this past Saturday. It was a long time coming and took so much praying but it was successful and it was beautiful!! The Lord made it happen. The only way I can think of describing her would be as a giddy little girl on Christmas morning! Her smile was so bright and so big, her presence was happiness and peace. It was amazing. She knew that this was the right step for her to take in her life and she is so antsy to see what the Lord has in store for her next. She truly has a testimony of the Atonement and the change that the gospel provides for us. Never in a million years she would of thought of herself as a "Mormon" but she says all the time... "If I would have just listened I could have done this a long time ago!" Amazing! Grateful for how aware our Heavenly Father is of each of us and his timing is perfect. 

The next day on Sunday, Stella was confirmed as the newest member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She felt so welcomed and said that she already felt and knew that  this is where she belongs! 

That Sunday afternoon the Elders in the Diamond Bar ward had a baptism for a Chinese family who have been taking the lessons since September. The entire baptism was in Chinese with English translation. They asked me if I would lead the music. While I was up there I could hear half the words being sung in Chinese and the rest in English. It was the coolest thing ever! Anyways - that makes for 4 baptisms this weekend for Diamond Bar!! We are sooooo thankful and feel so blessed to be missionaries to bring this glad message to all who will listen. 

Sunday was my 20th birthday!!! Yes I am 20 - I don't act like it and I don't feel like it but hey, that is how it works right?? Well, I know it is safe to say that it was the best birthday I have ever had in my 20 years of living! I have never felt so much LOVE, KINDNESS, and HAPPINESS from everyone here in Diamond Bar and ALL THE WAY FROM IDAHO! I could feel it. It was such a special day. I have such special people in my life and I can not find words to express my gratitude. 

I had a wonderful surprise from my trainer/first companion Sister Nancy Huntington who just waltzed right on into church on Sunday to surprise me! It was the greatest. Stella and Tesan both got me such thoughtful gifts. I recieved numerous packages from family and friends back home. THANK YOU!  I  also had so many loved ones around me all day Sunday to make it ultra special. 

Needless to say I was well taken care of Mother - by you and SO many others. 

Sunday was Sister Hernandez and I's last day together as companions. She got transferred up to good ole steaming hot Apple Valley! She is not a desert rat. LOL not really but thats what we call them. It was the saddest goodbye - the minute we pulled into the mission office Monday Morning to transfer her we both just started bawling our eyes out and hugging. Luckily, we had sunglasses so no one could see our swollen eyes. I will miss that Sister of mine. She has taught me so many lessons  that I needed to learn. She has such a creative mind and a good heart. She is going to do amazing thing on her mission for the Lord. 

I HOWEVER am staying in Diamond Bar with the Kilburns. And President Taylor called me on Saturday to be a TRAINER. YUP I got another greenie. BUT I couldn't be happier. I honestly just can't believe it. 

Her name is Sister McKenna Crane! She is a doll. She is from Provo, Utah and loves SWIG. :) Her and I are twins... Everyone told us we look alike and we do everything so similar. She is so happy and wants to be a good missionary. I can't wait to break her out of her shell and teach her the ways of Sister Holt ;) JK I have no ways. We just work hard and HAVE FUN while doing it. 

So please don't be mad at me but I forgot my camera at home. I have a million and a half pictures to send home but you will have to wait till Monday!! I AM SO SORRY! But don't worry I still look the same just one year older :) 

I had the best fourth of July! Since I didn't get Sister Crane till Tuesday afternoon.... on Monday I spent the day in Upland with Sister Boswell. And there is a bishop in the Upland stake who cooks up about 1000 hotdogs every year and hands them out for free to everyone walking the streets. So he recruited the missionaries and we got to stop traffic and give out free hot dogs! IT WAS SO FUN! Just imagine me running out in the middle of the road to give a family packed full car some hot dogs to eat!!! It was hilarious!! I had way too much fun! 

Okay so I think that it mostly everything I wanted to tell you. I had to type really fast cause I have no time left but I hope it made sense. 

I hope you ALLLLLLL know how much I love and appreciate each of you!! My Birthday was wonderful and so special. I am so thankful to everyone who is supporting and helping me serve the Lord's children here in California! It is the best 9 months I have ever spent. And I can't believe I have only 9 more! So grateful for this opportunity and experience. 

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE from all my heart---
Sister Holt 

Pictures were sent HOME by friends of Diamond Bar.
Tesan and the Huerra Family in Diamond  Bar

Gifts from Loved one for Sister Hernandez and myself
Our newest member Stella


My New Baby -- Sister Crane --- We are TWINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment