1.26.2016

Week 16: Life is Good, the Gospel is True and Jesus Christ Lives!

Another week has gone by so fast... I am struggling with the fact that the weeks go by so fast. I am dead tired by the end of each day and I sleep like a ROCK - really I don't think I move an inch. I value my sleep a lot because I need all the energy I can get during the day.
We are still doing a lot of finding every day. We found a new investigator, Jim , remember the one that I said "I can't get too excited about because it is honestly too good to be true"??. YES.!!  So ee had our first lesson with him on Tuesday and we taught him the Restoration. He accepted everything and said it was very enlightening. He was super excited to come to church on Sunday and even to have another lesson that week! We were pumped. Then four hours later we get a text from him saying that he has decided to no more study in his home and he will not attend our church. End of story!!  SO SAD!!! I have a really hard time dealing with rejection and it was very apparent this week. Wah. 

Koa is getting baptized February 6 now! We are very excited for him and his brother Joseph! It is going to be a wonderful evening. 

The Carrillo kids are doing awesome but have been sick for two weeks so they haven't been to church. We visited them a couple times this week to make sure Diana wasn't drowing in children. She fed us a delcious mexican soup... I dont know what it was but it was divine.
BIG HAPPY NEWS! D.R. our investigator, had us over for a lesson on Wednesday and wanted to talk to us about what happened to him. He was reading in the Moroni 10 (as his homework) and He said that he got a feeling that he should go back and read the Introduction again and so he did and he said after he finished he had an overwhelming feeling AND it all just clicked together and he knew it was true! Therefore.... he is getting baptized Febraury 27! He is BEAMING and I mean BEAMING! D.R. has been through so much in his life and God has most definietly saved his life so he can recieve a remission of his sins here on earth. He is incredible! 

NOW FUNNY STORY! We finished talking about baptism and such and remember how he is best friends with our less active Sharron and thats how we met him. Anyways they are with eachother EVERYDAY... and we just thought they were best friends and he takes care of her. no. they are actually dating. UGH! So  I had to be the big girl and ask them if they were keeping the Law of Chastity.... They both starting laughing and said, "OF COURSE WE ARE" and I was like Phew....good now I don't have to be your mother and tell you your boundaries.  I  hope you all understand how awkward that is for a 19 year old sister missionary to ask some 50 year old adults. BUT no matter how awkward it is... It is important to the Lord and THAT IS WHY I ASKED!   GO ME!!!! Best News --  he is getting baptized and we are so excited and happy for him.

This Wednesday we got to listen to a Worldwide missionary broadcast which is the first one they have held in over a decade. They had every mission in the world watching at the same time except Japan and Taiwan because they were sleeping. It was amazing. They had a bunch of different trainings on different things we should be focusing on as missionaries. 'Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts!' That is our focus as well as our purpose. Repentance is a change that people don't even know exsists! I am so grateful for the fact that I can change to be even better then the day before.
Those are the highlights of my week.We are still visiting Katrina, Sister Adam, and Cynthia and Cheyenne. And everyone else is doing great. One faithful day at a time. 

Life is fun, the Gospel is true, Jesus Christ lives! What more do you need?!?! 
I love you all! 
xoxo
Sister Holt
1. Sister Helms and myself
2. We created this minion door for a boy birthday party! Isn't is awesome??




No comments:

Post a Comment