1.18.2016

Week 15: Whirlwind Work and Car Full time

Where do I even start!? Last week was a whirlwind with transfers! I am staying another transfer in the Redhill ward with Sister Helms. I am very happy to stay in this area.  Sister Helms has been out only a month longer then me so we are both baby missionaries who have no idea what they are doing. But we are taking it day by day! It is mostly all on my shoulders because she doesn't know anyone or the area at all! It has been fun... she is very patient :) I am really feeling the weight of being a missionary and relying on the Lord.
Did I tell you that we got a car?!?!?! A permanent one! YES! We got a car. I am sooooo grateful! Life is so nice when you have a car... Especially at night.
This week we have done probably 50,000 hours of service... no joke. We had our recent convert pass away, Deb'o'rah Flakes and so we have been helping her non-member family members. It has been such a wonderful time being able to give them the help that they need and the comfort they desire. They were always commenting about how wonderful we are and how our church is so amazing. Francheska (deb'o'rahs daughter who is like 30's) is having us over for dinner twice next month. SCORE! They are the sweetest people ever.... I just adore them - planning on teaching them the plan of salvation!
Sister Helms and I have been focusing on finding new investigators this week because we have had to drop some and our two are getting baptized soon. So we need to find more! We have had some amazing experiences tracting. We have found a lot of people and have a ton of return appointments this week. 

We met this man named Jim while we were searching for a woman named Cindy (who we never found) but JIM is almost too good to be true. He opened the door and we introduced ourselves and he was like, "Well its about time, I have been looking for the true church.!!" We gave him a Book of Mormon to start reading and invited him to come to church. We have an appointment with him tomorrow for a lesson. He totally tried to come to church on Sunday, but he couldn't find the address and our phone was on silent and we were in the middle of sacrament. So that was a bummer! But at least he TRIED!!!!! So pray for him... this could be a miracle in the works! :) (can't get too excited YET)
Koa our investigator is getting baptized in two weeks with his little brother Joseph! WE are very excited for him. He is pumped to get the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
On Saturday we did service with the Rancho Cucamonga fire department and filled sand bags for four hours. My hands are raw - so sad. I have been working so hard to keep them so smooth for all the hand shakes I am doing. hahaha. JOKES!
Well we are hoping and praying for lots of new investigators this week. I have a lot of faith that this will be an amazing week! We are going to work so hard! I love being a busy missionary! I can't imagine doing anything else. It is really weird to think about life not doing missionary work. I just feel like I could do this forever! I love my Savior so much and would not be able to do any of this every day without him helping me. The Atonement should be used every single day in all of our lives. I am also learned that bearing a simple testimony has more power then any facts I can give.
I love you all! Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts. 
Keep safe and healthy. 
xoxox
Sister Holt

1.  Early lunch at Wendys when all your appointments cancel! 
2.. Found baby kitty on the road while tracting. HE WAS SO SOFT!
3. Photoshoot with Sister Helms and Katrina at family home evening :)




No comments:

Post a Comment