2.01.2016

Week 17: Study the Book of Mormon

Another week went by. Where the heck does time go? Like really.... 
Welllllllll...... This week was fast but I can't even pin point what made it so fast. It was just a normal week out in the mission and I really have nothing exciting to tell you. 

David is still on his way to get baptized. He is so amazing... He is just soaking in everything we teach him and he loves the Book of Mormon so much.
Actually yeah.... this is what I have to tell you this week.... 
I have done a lot of reading in the Book of Mormon lately now that I started it over - I started from the title page -( it makes a difference.) Now before my mission I had only ever read the book once all the way through by myself, crazy huh? I was born into the church, got baptized when I was 8 years old but I had only read the Book of Mormon once and I think it took me a couple years to finish it. (it was for personal progress, a Young Womans program) So my mission President, President Hobbs and Sister Hobbs, his wife came out with a goal for all of us to start reading the Book of Mormon December 20th and finish by June 20th. 

As I have been reading through it this time, I have been reading with the REAL  intent of coming closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am marking the different characteristics he examplifies and how I can better apply them in my life. I am also watching for how HE deals with the people and when he speaks to them. As I have been reading, I can feel my relationship with him becoming stronger and more firm. He is helping me everyday deal with all sorts of people. 

Reading the Book of Mormon with REAL intent helps me to understand what they are talking about. Often we come across people here in California and I am sure you find them all over the world but they are so concerned that the Book of Mormon takes away from the use of the Bible or why do you need more scripture? 

The Book of Mormon is ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ. It is just another witness that he lives and that he continues to bless God's Children. He loves each of us so much. As a missionary, I get to experience only an ounce of the love God has for the people I come in contact with. And what I feel is overwhelming and so I can't imagine how he feels for each one of us. I am so grateful to KNOW that my Heavenly Father loves me perfectly and knows me perfectly!

 Ask yourself... Is Gods work finished here on earth?? 
If you answered yes... then you are wrong. (sorry)
If you answered no...  (READ 2 Nephi 29) find out what it says.
God's work will not be finished until his Son, Jesus Christ comes again. He will continue to reveal teachings and principles unto his Children to keep them safe from the harm of the wicked world. The Book of Mormon is just more of GODS' WORD! It supports the Bible and all that the Bible teaches. (just clearer in my opinion) The Book of Mormon and the Bible go hand in hand in proving that there is a living God and that God loves all of his children equally. 

As I have been reading in the Book of Mormon I can't help but to rejoice. My companion is probably so annoyed with me because after every chapter I finish I shout for joy and yell, "THIS BOOK IS SO TRUE!"  

Man, I promise you allllll if you read the Book of Mormon with a prayer in your heart and with real intent, there is no way you can deny the power and the tender spirit you will feel. This book changes lives! I can say that because it is changing mine! 

I invite you all to read it and if you are already reading it, start over! #titlepage! 2016 is a year of change! 
The Book of Mormon has a spirit. It has power. 

God is the SAME yesterday, today, and forever! I know that he has called a prophet, Thomas S. Monson to lead and guide his children in the world today. How great is it that we can feel safe, stable, and comforted by this knowledge.

I hope this email made sense. Know that I am happy and I am safe and getting healthy. (haha I caught a cold on Friday) But we have AMAZING ward members that take amazing care of us. I am so grateful.
Feel free to email me back with your testimony of The Book of Mormon or anything else. I would love to hear from all of y'all.

 Until Next Week...

The Church is true, the Book is blue, and Moroni is still on the Ball. :)
I love you! xoxo
Sister Holt
1.  Washing our car on P-day! First time using one of these car washes!
 2.  Jayanna and I (she got baptized in January) She hates pictures but I got one! hehe




No comments:

Post a Comment