12.21.2015

Week 11: Merry Christmas Everyone

Merry Christmas Everybody! What a wonderful time to be serving my Savior, Jesus Christ and being able to rejoice with anyone about his birth and his life! I am beginning to re-read the Book of Mormon and am really paying attention the all the different attributes, characteristics, and blessings of Christ. It is really awesome  to be able to focus on just that one thing. I am so grateful for his life and his continueous love that he displays for all of  God's children.
This week was busy and slow and super fast all that once! How does that work? I don't know but it does! This week I've had a lot of time to refocus on my mission and recommit to the reasons why I came out here. Because as you all probably assume, missionaries get pretty homesick during the holiday seasons and it is really easy for the adversary to grab on tight. DONT WORRY I am not very homesick but I have had my moments as does every missionary. But the ward is keeping the love and makes us feel it during this time.  I am grateful for the members and all they do.
The Carrillo's are getting so close to their baptism! TWO WEEKS! We taught them the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity this week. Hehe -- try teaching that to a 12, 11, and 9 year old WHO AREN'T YOUR CHILDREN. Yeah. It was quite the experience and brought a lot of questions and fun conversations. They understood everything pretty well, we tried to keep everything as simple as we could and they were super hyper because it was their last day of school. Crazy kiddos! But they absolutely LOVE coming to church and the 12 year old LOVES  the Young Mens activities.
We had our Missionary Christmas Party/Devotional this Thursday. It was a lot of fun. I got to meet all the missionaries from the Valley. (President splits the mission in half for stuff like that so they have a desert devotional and a valley devotional) I am in the Valley and will probably stay here for a while. A Sister member up in the desert starts in January and knits EVERY SINGLE missionary a beanie for Christmas. It was so cute! So you will see those on everyones heads in the pictures attached.
This weekend Sister Huntington got really sick, so we were inside most of the time and went out for our set appointments. I really hate staying inside but we have to get her better so we aren't inside more often. Am I Right??? It was funny though... Friday when we were out contacting and walking around she starting feeling really nauseous and her  head started aching, so we were walked to a members house to rest for a a bit, but  they ended up not being home so we just sat on her porch and my companion took a nap for 15 minutes. They things you do when you don't have a car.
We are still crazy busy this season - we have about 12 investigators and maybe half are progressing right now (coming to church). It is really fun and high responsibility on our part! We will continue to pray for their progress.
I feel so blessed each and every day that I get to be a missionary. I cannot believe that it is already the first Christmas week of my mission! I am very happy and full of joy this season to be representing my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank you for all your prayers and support. All the letters are much appreciated! I love hearing from you, Especially the Christmas cards :)
Peace, Joy, & Blessings! 
Sister Holt




No comments:

Post a Comment