12.14.2015

Week 10: Investigators, Rain, and a Little Mishap

HELLO!  I always stress out about emailing because I seriously never remember what I do all week! I have the worst memory. Thank goodness for JOURNALS! 

We are the busiest little biking missionaries you could ever imagine! We have so many appointments stacked everyday and I am pooped when I get to lay in my bed at night! BUT IT IS SO WORTH IT. 
Last night was The Living Nativity! The Rancho stake puts it on every year and they say they have up to 3,000 people  show up and watch. I was so pumped to see it! It was wonderful and the spirit was so beautiful there! Lots and lots of people were there and  it started RAINING! And it was POURING RAIN! It was so fun YET sooooo cold! We got home and everything in my bag was soaked from the water EXCEPT MY SCRIPTURES! Praise the Lord Almighty! :-)
 
Last Monday night , we had our first lesson with our cute little Chinese family! We brought a member from our ward with us who speaks Mandrian so she acted as our translator. The family speaks VERY VERY little english. It was interesting. But I have no idea what they were saying so I am just guessing that they understood everything! (haha) 

Sister K (our translator) said they understand the Restoration but they have been reading the Book of Mormon for two weeks now and they haven't gotten an answer if it is true yet. We told them that Understanding comes with time. We have been members for our whole lives and we are still learning and understanding everything in the gospel. But what we do know is,  if you keep putting in an effort to show God that you want to know, You will experience a different kind of joy and peace in your life that you could never imagine. We told the mom to be sensitive to the impressions and feelings she gets while reading. The father said he has been dreaming about the Book of Mormon!!! hahaah! If that isn't your answer I don't know what is!!! (jk)

We have to pass them off  to the Chinese speaking elders in the Riverside mission now because Sister K (translator)  feels that she couldn't translate the best and that they need missionaries who speak their language. I felt the exact same way from the beginning SOOO we passed them off.  We will pray that things will keep happening for them.
We asked our investigator V (who fed us on Thanksgiving) to be baptized FINALLY and she goes, "Well I have already been baptized twice.... (How many times can you be baptized!!!!???) It was really cute the way she said it. So hopefully she should be reading the Book of Mormon and get an answer this week for her baptism (or third time, not sure what is happening there).
Wednesday night we started a fast for our less active, Sister A, so she may be able to recognize the spirit and have peace of mind. (she has had a really rough past) She believes in God. But she believes that God has his chosen people and then he leaves all the others for survive on their own. AND she believes she is one of the ones that is left on her own. Anyways, so we fasted for 24 hours until Thursday night at 8:30. The bishopric came over to give her a priesthood blessing, WHICH IS HUGE because she dislikes men, but Her heart is softening. :)) It went really well but she said that she doesn't feel any different. So we will just take it week by week and  help her realize God's hand in her life.
Friday morning I got up at 6:30, said my prayers and got up to go to the bathroom, ya know. And I was walking to the bathroom and the next thing I know I wake up on the ground. I had fainted from lack of water and food. I hit my head on the bathroom door but I am fine now! I jumped right back up as I am known to do. SO ADVICE TO ALL - Don't fast and then bike and walk all day long.  I suppose I should be a little more careful (sorry mom).
We got two new investigators on Friday, M and D. They are Boyfriend and Girlfriend and live together and have two kids! AHH! They came to church this Sunday and said they will be back next week without us even inviting them! WAHOO! They are cute. 
The Carrillo's are still getting baptized first weekend of January and just progressing right along! They are the cutest little kiddos ever! :) I love them!! 
No bike crashes this week ladies and gentlemen! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :) 
I am really grateful for my Savior everyday that I am out here on the mission. None of this would be happening without him. I am grateful for all your prayers. Thank you! 
Have a safe and happy Christmas! 
Love always, 
Sister Morgs Holt

Pictures:
1.  Me and Fall Leaves that  are still laying around in Rancho 
2.  The Sisters and the Camel ( from the Live Nativity)
3.  SOAKED SISTERS!  Yes the rain came down.



No comments:

Post a Comment