1.04.2016

Week 13: Blessings AFTER Blessings

BLESSING AFTER BLESSING! This week was such a good week. Less lessons than usual, lots of planning, and three baptisms! 
 
> Our less active Sister A who we fasted for at the beginning of December is doing so much better. She doesn't see or feel a difference but that's because she is stubborn. But you can see and feel of a new glow that surrounds her. She is so much more fun to be around now. We made gooey gooey rice krispies with her because she claims that hers are to "DIE" for. So we made them and yes they ARE to "DIE" for. She's super cute.

> Our recent convert C who is 16 hasn't been to church since November and we found out from her Grandma, C that she has been attending a different church with her friends so that she can dance and praise. Cute huh? Well we have been praying and praying and trying to visit with her for weeks now and we finally got in on New Years Eve. We read the title page and the introduction to the Book of Mormon with both of them. The spirit was so strong and I asked C how she was feeling about everything and she said, " I know, I need to start coming back to church again and trying my best to make it to mutual." HALLEIJUAH! I was like YES C! I told her that the other side is always going to seem more appealing and fun but it is not happiness.  She is a happy girl so she needs to stay on the happy side. She nodded her head and just gave me hugs. I love her so much! She is the sweetest.   #prayersanswered

> We are teaching Sister V's grandsons K and J,who are kids of less active parents and we set a baptism date for January 30th. So we are stoked for them! 

> On Saturday was the Carrillo's baptism!!!!! Oh my goodness --  most beautiful wonderful day ever. The spirit was so strong and the kids were glowing. The primary gave each of the kids a towel with their name embroidered on and we did little advice books for each kid. D (the mom) was just beaming the whole day and she is excited to take the next steps to be sealed in the temple with her babies. It is truly amazing to be watching her change her life around with her kids and really see how the Atonement can truly transform their lives. 

> We had one of our investigators J come to the Carrillo's baptism. J is a woman we met on the street just walking who stopped and talked to us. We have had one lesson with her and she came to the baptism. Amazing!! 
 
> Our other investigator D. R.  surprised us at church yesterday. He is bff's with one of our less actives and they do EVERYTHING together but he came to church without her! AMAZING!!! He was so happy and was asking all kinds of questions about all the different programs and testimonies. It was awesome. He is a lot more serious about all this than we thought. He told us that he makes stellar mexican food so he is going to cook us dinner one night since its my favorite! I can't wait! 

> This is my last week in training because transfer calls are this Saturday and transfers are next Monday. So Big things could be happening. 
> 
> On Christmas Eve we lost our wonderful beautiful Sister D.F.  who joined the church December 2014. She died from tongue cancer that spread throughout her body. Please pray for her family. I loved D. She was this high energy fun loving black woman who LOVED fashion. She had so much spunk. A week before she started going down hill we were with her in her apartment with masks over our faces, intensely sanding her kitchen table!!! She was a tropper I'll tell ya. And one of the most giving woman I came to know out here. I got to give her one last hug before she passed and give her our little Christmas card but I am happy to know she is out of that body that was causing her so much pain. She is learning and probaly being the best little spirit in the spirit world. She will be missed down here but oooo man she is probably doing SO good up there :) 
 
> I am grateful to be here everyday that I am out here. The days get long and hard and I get tired but it doesn't change the fact that my heart burns with the love I have for the people I meet here. They all feel like family. I love it here and I love being a missionary.  These past weeks were a little harder than I thought, but we keep busy and its all good stuff. 
> I am grateful for the love our Heavenly Father bestows upon us each and every day! We don't recognize how much he truly does for us. Absolutely everything.  That's All I can think about lately and how blessed and grateful I am. 

> I love you all. Happy new YEAR! 
> Sister Holt



> Pictures: 
> 1. Jayanna Carrillo - She has this thing against giving me hugs so it is a miracle she stood next to me in this picture. She's spunky but isn't she GLOWING??!
> 2. All three of the Carrillo Kids - Aldo (12) Joey (11) and Jayanna (9) I love these kiddos
> 3. On Christmas Eve Momma Shutt gave us matching PJ's and our investigator dropped off a tree for us all decorated! Merry Christmas and Happy new Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment