11.16.2015

Week 6: Blessed to be a Missionary

This week was slower because  Sister Huntington and I were both sick with colds. (thats what we get since we have to bike in the rain). But we kept working hard through the sickness.  I love my ward and area.  I could stay here the whole time. I even told my President that I never want to be in a car, because the exercise  on a bike is so good.  But then I told him I better be careful of what I say. :-)

Investigator D:  have to give her to the Redland Sisters due to boundaries.  
Another pic of D:  She is awesome and we will miss her
Getting ready to ride our bikes in the rain.  It is COLD!

We have two familes that are investigating right now which is incredible. President Hobbs really wants our mission to focus on finding and bringing families to the gospel and we have TWO! #blessed. 

There is this family, Mom's name is B and dad's name is T. They just got married in January. B has 4 kids of her own and T and B  just had a baby  together who is six months old and now has another baby on the way. 3 months apart! She has her hands full. So Sister Huntington has been in this area since August and has never met her but has wanted too. They aren't members but have investigated before. ANYWAYS - the first week I got here we stopped by to meet them and THEY WERE HOME! She invited us to come back because she needed help around the house. So ever since then we have been going back every Saturday morning to help them clean and purge their house! (cause that's what I am good at, thanks MOM!) She has been saying that she wants to have the lessons again because she needs something in her life!! She feels like she is drowning. (She has a lot of drama from her ex husband and new wife). 

Anyways, we have been trying to get them to church for the last two weeks and they haven't shown up. 
YESTERDAY! We were expecting 6 of our investigators to come to church and NONE of them showed up. It was heartbreaking. I had such high hopes all day long because I really thought our two familes would come through. We have sacrament last and so as the meeting was starting I was thinking to myself... "We are wasting so much time with B and T, they are just using us for service and just say that they want to be baptized to please us."

I wanted to cry because I truly love this family and feel so connected to them. Sister Huntington leaned over to me and asked if i was okay, and I flat out said, "No I'm not... I'm really sad." And she was reaching over to give me hug and right at that moment she turned around and said, "Think again Sister Holt." and I looked to my left and saw B, T, baby, and 10 year old B coming to sit down in the empty pew next to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to burst into tears! I was so happy they came to church even if it was the last hour, they made an effort to come and were successful!! It was amazing. 

Heavenly Father really was pushing my faith to the edge and I was about to let go! and right at the end he lifts me up!!! Huge testimony builder! After the meeting I just went and gave B a big hug and told her how happy I was that she came and she said, "I am so happy I did too!!" I am so excited to see her this weekend, I am going to ask to set a baptismal date for December. She needs too! And she knows she needs to too!!!
I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord. I am grateful for families and how the gospel can truly strengthen our families in unexpected ways. And I know that when we put in just a little effort we can see huge results!
I am so excited for what is in store for this family and I am grateful that I get to be here to help them along this journey. Heavenly Father truly sets us in the right places at the right times. We are meant to meet every person we come across. Whether we are the ones to strengthen them or they are the ones to strengthen us. We are all a part of one big eternal family and are here to help each other return to our loving Heavenly Father. 

I am grateful for this oppurtunity I have to be serving as the Lord's Hands on this earth for such a short time. This is once in a life time.  I am THANKFUL to everyone who has supported me  to get  me out here. I am forever grateful. 

This mission is the best thing that I have ever done and I still have 17 more months of it! BIG SMILES!
Remember to BE KIND 
Love always,
Sister Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment