11.23.2015

Week 7: Much to be Thankful for

Hello Hello Hello! I am a week older in the mission but I am still a baby. Sister Huntington always forgets I am her greenie. Haha! Last monday was Sister Walls birthday so we went around Victoria Gardens and shopped a little. It was fun to be in such a public place as a missionary. Everyone stares at you so that makes for perfect oppurtunities to strike up a conversation. HA! 

On Tuesday we had district meeting but President called all of us the night before and asked for an earlier meeting to show us the new Christmas Video from the church. GUYS IT IS SO AMAZING! It comes out next Sunday November 29! Share it with everyone :) After that we  went out to contact all these people in an area we hadn't been  in before and ending up meeting this young girl named Arianna who is 20 and lives at home. We told her about the YSA wards and how fun they are. She seemed interested and very touched when we shared Alma 7: 11-13 about Christ's suffering for us. Those scriptures are amazing to share with everyone because it is so good for them to visuilize what Christ went through for us. It helps them imagine and feel close to him. We hope to visit with her more this week .

On Wednesday, we were so busy and on our bikes alllllll day long and it was hot! We went around seeing less actives, potentials, and then talking to everyone we saw. On hot days like this everyone is outside doing stuff because to them it isn't that hot because its November hotness to them which is NOTHING compared to the summer heat they have. I am just a whimp. After we had a long day of being out on our bikes , we had a fun dinner set up with a member who has two teenage daughters who are just hilarious! It was so fun to create better friendships with them and laugh for a couple minutes. I love being at members home for dinner because creating good relationships with them is KEY! The work would not move forward without the members helping us. I am so grateful for the Redhill Ward and how amazing they are with missionary work.

Thursday was crazy! YOU WANT TO READ THIS ONE!!!!! So we started out at our girls Katrina's house who is our dear friend. She is a less active - she is converted to coming to church but she isn't converted to the gospel. So we like to go over there and read her scriptures with her to get her day starting off on the right foot. We have been reading from 1 Nephi but my companion and I both felt the need to read Alma 34 with her. and The spirit was soooo strong. Katrina was in tears and just needed a hug. It was so cool. Then her non member husband came out and read the last two verses for us and stayed for the prayer. It was awesome! THEN we went around contacting a bunch of people just like always haha. BUT THEN later that night we had our second lesson with the Carillo family (who is our second family) The mom is a less active member who is recently divorced. She has three  (12,11,9) children. So we taught them last week the Restoration and they were awesome. They were super receptive and asked alot of great questions. This week we taught them the Plan of Salvation, which is my favorite lesson to teach. They all listened really well and then once we finished we asked them if they wanted to be baptized still... and they said yes. and so we extended a date of January 2, 2016. and They all agreed and then THEY CAME TO CHURCH THIS SUNDAY! They are the cutest things ever. I am so excited. We have a baptism on January 2! Starting out the new year right! AHHHH :) They all loved church so much. The 12 year old is pumped to start going to mutual and the little 11 year old cannot wait till he turns 12 so he can pass the sacrament. They are adorable. So that is my big news this week! :) :) :)

Saturday was super fun. The Upland Stake was doing this missionary activity and the missionaries each got assigned a young woman to drag around with us ALL DAY. haha. It was fun. We had Sister Moore who is 16! (Lexie this could be you!) And she was such a good sport. She just hopped right on the bike we got here and kept up with us just fine. WHICH IS HARD BECAUSE WE BIKE SUPER UBER FAST ;) 

We went to our Momma Cynthia's house to teach a lesson for her (recent converts) and her less active nephews were there and so we got to share with them the Plan of Salvation or what they call it "re-freshing their memory". haha! They are awesome. It was an amazing discussion. They had a lot of questions that we just answered by the spirit because there is no way I knew a lot of the answers about the second coming and all that jazz.But the Lord took care of it. I love that family so much. Momma C's grandchildren live with her in an apartment and they are the happiest bunch ever! I love going to visit them. We are treated just like family over there.
Sundays are my favorite days! I love going to ward council and being at church and since our little family came to church this Sunday, it was even better. Seeing little Joey (11) in primary being welcomed almost brought me to tears. HE WAS SO HAPPY and felt soooo loved! Guys when you see a picture of him, you will die! He is adorable and says the cutest little prayers. Our first visit with them he said the closing prayer and said , " I want to thank God for sending the missionaries to us to teach us the truth and help us." RIGHT?!?!?!? SO CUTE.

Now it is Monday again. Time flies on the mission. I can't believe it is Thanksgiving already. I hope everyone is safe and with their families on this holiday. We are going to an investigators house for thanksgiving. I'M PUMPED! :)
Dear all readers, I KNOW that this Gospel is the true church of Jesus Christ and he restored it through the prophet Joseph Smith and we are all God's children! I am so grateful for the knowledge that comes from the Plan of Salvation to give us the direction and guidence that we need in this life. I don't know where I would be without this gospel and without the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful that he has never left my side. I am so grateful I listened to that voice the day I did because I would not be the same person I am today! LISTEN to those promptings. THEY ARE THERE. I can promise you that. They are soft and quiet but so loud when we listen faithfully. I know that prayer works. I am so grateful to be here - I would  not want to be anywhere else. Thank  YOU to everyone and anyone who has helped me and is supporting me while I am here. May God be with you.

I love you all.
Stay safe this holiday and Be Kind,
Sister Holt 

Pictures:

1.  There was an event Saturday night about the Native Americans (the laminates) and Christ. This family behind us performed the Hoop Dance. SO COOL

2.  Sister Moore is our little young women we had with us this Saturday.  She is darling.
3. Happy Holidays from Sister Huntington and I <3





1 comment:

  1. Super awesome report! Always the best feeling to have investigators coming to church and committing to baptism. So proud of you! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete