11.21.2016

Week 60: Happy Thanksgiving -- Much To Be Thankful For

Another week has come and it is gone! It was a great week.  So much to be Thankful for in this work of the Lord.

On Tuesday, we had  zone conference that lasted the whole day.  It was about working with our stake and ward leaders. It was really awesome. It was combined with the entire desert so like 100 missionaries were there. It was fun to see a lot of missionaries that I have never seen before because I have been in the valley my whole mission. It is a different life up here. It is always nice to see President and Sister Taylor. They are so sweet and loving. 

On Wednesday, I was on an exchange with Sister Sowby in her area in Hesperia. It was fun. She has only been in the area for about one week so she was nervous to plan a day for her area. But she pulled it off. We had many lessons and testifying opportunities all day long. We went to stop by a lady who she had met the week prior. It was the end of the day  and it was getting really dark and it was so windy. (windy=ice cold) Before we got out of the car we said a prayer for our lesson. I asked Heavenly Father if He would just let someone let us in to teach them and we could place the Book of Mormon that I had. We rang the ladies door bell.... and waited..... knocked and waited..... and knocked again.... and waited a little bit longer..... as we turned to go to the next place, the ladies door opened and SHE LET US IN!!! We were able to teach her and her two kids (who are YSA age) about the Restoration. The spirit was so strong and we invited her to pray about the message that we came to share with them. And they asked us if we would pray for them as they prayed to know the truth because they wanted to know the truth. #miracles 

On Thursday, I was on another exchange with Hermana Quiroz once again. I love this sister!! She is awesome and from Mesa Arizona which just means we have a connection. (LOL -- I'm not even from there, my papa and grammie live there...) same thing right? Anyways, we had an awesome day!! We worked with YSA all day long which is just an adventure in itself. We finally got to meet  an investigator, L. She attends  college here and has some free time so she meets us at the institute building. Our lesson did not go according to plan... go figure.... but she had some awesome questions. We had our member Renata with us and she was able to relate and help answer some of them.  

Then that night we had the biggest miracle in my opinion. So there is this sister in the Mojave Narrows ward that we have not been able to get a hold of since I've been up here. But I have just felt this urge to keep trying! #fourthfloorlastdoor... anyways... I had a prompting to go try her that night. So we went and like we always do we said a prayer before going to knock on her door and as we were getting out of the car Hermana Quiroz said, "This is going to be IT!" I was like, "HECK YA IT IS!" 

And we walked up and after we knocked twice, the door swings open and there stands S. And my mouth dropped. LOL not kidding. I was STUNNED!! I actually screamed because I was so happy.... but don't worry I didn't scare her. She was happy to see me too and I think my excitement was contagious. She was just about to head out but she invited us to come back on Saturday and help her feed her horses because she lives on a ranch. She takes care of 30 horses!!! Yeah... totally my scene right? NOT... but anything for the Lord right!!! :) YES! 

Okay so now Friday!!! Phew.... Friday was amazing!! 
We started out Friday with a BANG! So LAST LAST Monday we received a referral from a guy in the YSA ward to teach his friend. We set up a church tour for Friday morning and we finally got to meet her... Her name is A.  Anyways.... to get to the point.... SHE IS AMAZING!! We walked around the church. We talked about all the different rooms and their function. We also stopped at some of the pictures in the hall to talk about Jesus Christ or scenes from the Book of Mormon. 

We stopped and talked about Lehi and Nephi for a little bit... and we told her that we are here to answer any questions that she has. So we threw out this question.... "You know in the Bible when it says, Beware of False Prophets?' How do you know that Joseph Smith wasn't a false prophet?" (my tummy got all tickley inside... it's my favorite question) So we sat down on the couch and we flopped open the powerful Book of Mormon and read 2 Nephi 32:3 and then we talked about how at the end of the verse in the Bible that she is talking about it says... "and by their fruits ye shall know them." And the spirit totally struck her. She said that made so much sense. We each took a chance to bear our testimonies of the gospel in our lives and A started crying.... and she said, "You know... I have felt lead a couple times in my life and I feel like this is one of those times.... I feel like this is going to be something that changes my life." 

At that point I just started crying with her! I bore my testimony of the change that Christ has provided me in my life and I told her that unimaginable joy awaits her and that Heavenly Father has a perfect plan prepared for her and that THIS IS PART OF IT! We were all in tears. At the end A wanted to learn more!!! We gave her a Book of Mormon and read Moroni's promise in the back and we each took one more time to cry. It was a very special moment for me on my mission. I will never forget the Spirit that was there to confirm the truth that we testified of. 

Then later Friday night we had another awesome lesson with D from YSA she is progressing!! We hope to set her on date for baptism this week. She is ready! :) 

So on Saturday, I was on exchanges with Sister Hathcock (Sister Hernandez' greenie... my old companion) And we went back to S house/ranch to help her feed her horses. It was so much fun. It is not everyday you see a girl chucking hay at horses in a skirt and blouse! ;)  Anyways.... we watched the sunset and then we went inside and had a lesson on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We cried in that lesson too. The spirit was there man!! It was sooo there!! S has had a really hard life.... but it is never too late!! She also came to church on Sunday!!!! #miracle!! 

I am just so happy and soooooo excited about the work in this area!!! God is so good and His hands are here!! I am so thankful every day to be a servant of the Lord. 

Happy Thanksgiving & I love you all so much!! Stay safe and happppy!!! <3 

xoxo
Sister Holt



Sunset in the Desert!

EXCHANGES -- with the Hermanas

Exchanges with Hathcock and Hernandez! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment