5.02.2016

Week 31: Unicorns & Blessings

Okay, don't freak out..... but..... THIS WAS THE BEST WEEK EVER!!!  

It doesn't sound like the best week because I was sick. I woke up with a terrible cold/flu thing on Monday and it didn't go away all week. But I kept working because I don't like to admit to myself that I am sick...

Tuesday after District meeting we went out tracting like we always do.... Everyone we talked to was not interested or didn't answer their doors. We walked a whole entire street (about 2 miles) and there was NO ONE. It was sad. As we were continuing to walk we came to the corner. Without saying anything to each other we both started walking towards this house. I thought Sister Hernandez was following me and in her mind she thought I was following her. Sister Hernandez saw a man doing yard work and felt prompted to go talk to him and in my mind I was scanning the houses and this particular house was in a sense "glowing" to me. I felt prompted to go to that house. So without knowing.... we were both prompted to go to the same place but for different reasons. We walked up the long driveway and started talking to the man doing yard work and he quickly referred us to talk to his wife instead. and Then we met Tesan.

We talked to Tesan for an hour or so. She was thrilled to have met such nice ladies who love to talk as much as she does. She is a 70 year old woman but has the energy of a 30 year old... no joke! She accepted our invitation to come to church on Sunday and agreed to have us back later in the week to teach her about our beliefs. ALL week we tried calling and calling her but we always got her answering machine. So on Saturday evening we decided to drop by her house to see what was up. Turns out, she got really sick and her knee replacement that she got 2 years ago started flaring up. She could barley walk or even stand up straight. But she still had the biggest smile on her face. It was darling. We taught her about the priesthood really fast and invited her to receive a blessing of healing and comfort. She accepted and we set up a time on Sunday after church. 

So Sunday after church we called her to see if it was still okay and she was so excited to have us come!! We showed up with Brother Moody and Brother Moody. (lol) They explained what they do as worthy priesthood holders and what the priesthood can do for her. and explained that the blessing would all depend on the Faith of the recipient and those who witness the blessing. She was 100% in this and was soo excited. 

--short side note-.. her dog which is a big dog... was barking and whaling through the whole  beginning of the conversation, but the minute the blessing started... it was silent--- #amazing! 

The spirit filled the room and all the hearts who were there with us. After the blessing was finished Tesan sat there with her face in her hands just silently. We all were just waiting for her to say something before we said anything. She looks up at Sister Hernandez and I said, " I feel like there are arms embracing me and it is sooooo warm."  She asked if we could feel it to and we were like YES we can.... that feeling you feel is the Holy Ghost and he wants you to know that your Heavenly Father loves you so much and is very aware of you. Tesan told us that she feels like God has something big in store for her and she thinks it is coming soon. We testified of the blessings of the gospel and what it will do for her. And we are meeting with her this Tuesday!!

I can't even explain to you the feeling that was in that room. I have never felt such strong peace for someone else as I did in that moment. The power of the priesthood is real. It is the power of God!! I can testify of that. Tesan was saying thank you and goodbye to Brother Moody and the older Brother Moody said ,"Now Tesan, these two girls that you have met here are representatives of your Savior, Jesus Christ and they are here to bring his love and teaching to you." And Tesan responded by saying ," Oh My Goodness, well yeah, you can see it in them, YOU CAN FEEL IT! The minute I looked into their eyes on Tuesday, I immediately felt joy.... and sweetness." 

I am so grateful to be a missionary for this short time in my life. I get to experience being the one to help bring this peace and this joy into these peoples lives!! And this feeling is unlike anything they have ever felt before. The love of Christ and the love of God is REAL! This is THEIR work. It truly is and it is marvelous!! SO SO marvelous! 

We also got to meet with all our other investigators this week. Madilyn is doing so great!!! She is very busy but she is figuring out her religous views slowly but surely. She told us that she feels a really strong pull to our church and she really feels like there is something there that she needs. We told her about the progress that we see in her!! Understanding and learning takes TIME and EFFORT. Nothing will ever come all at once. We shared Alma 32 with her. She was like, " My seed is growing!!!" haha Yes it is Madilyn!! So cute!! 

Another highlight story... We met with Stella at her house this weekend and it was late like 8:30 when we walked in... I was watching the time carefully and we were gonna be out by 9:20 in order to be home by 9:30. haha. At 9:25 we were closing up and getting out the door when her EX, Tom, came home... (she rents a room from him... they are very good friends) And so we introduced ourselves and start talking. We tell him a little bit about who we were, what we do as missionaries, and some of our values. He asked us how old we were? We responded... 19. He goes.... " WHAT THE HECK?!?!? You girls are 19! You two are UNICORNS!!! I work with and talk to many  many young adults and if I could get them to do or even think the way you two ladies think.... wow. That would be a miracle." Tom grew up in New York so he has got the coolest accent ever!!! We just laughed. He was astounded with what we do. We told him about The Book of Mormon and Hill Cumorah and he said he is going to go visit it next month when he goes back to New York. It was the greatest conversation of my life!! Yes we got home an hour later right before 10:30. Heavenly Father knows it was for a good cause and that I will never do it again!!! But yeah... I'm a unicorn.

Lots more happened this week but those two were definitely high lights!!! I want you all to know that I know and can testify to you that this is Jesus Christ's church once again established on earth! His Spirit is all around us and is constant and He loves us!!!! I am so grateful. 

I am on cloud 9 of missionary work!!! Thank you for all your prayers and support, I feel them each and every day!! Peace and blessings to you all. 

xoxo
sister Holt

Pictures..
1. This is Stella!! <3 
2. Last P-day with Sister Leung (from China) and Sister Castelo 
3. Today at emailing with Sister Hernandez! 

Last P-day with Sister Leung (from China) and Sister Castelo

Today at emailing with Sister Hernandez! 
This is Stella!

No comments:

Post a Comment