4.25.2016

Week 30: He Can Change You & I am Learning to Play the Piano

Hey Peeps! We are 1/3 of the way through! I know it is hard to believe, it feels like I left home yesterday. I planned out my 5 year plan for fun last night and it almost put me to tears  thinking about how fast life goes by. I don't want my mission to end. for a couple reasons... 1.) I really really love sharing the gospel and being a missionary while doing that & 2.) I don't want to come back into the real world having to do real world things! The mission life is the best!!  

Anyways, lets talk mission! This week was so great plus the weather can't be beat here in California! We get to enjoy the sunshine every day, we even did our studies outside one day because it was so nice! I am so grateful. 

On Tuesday, was our lesson with J but all morning I didn't feel good about it.   I felt uneasy that he wasn't actually wanting us to come back to teach him but to talk to some  "cute girls." After District meeting I asked our zone leaders if they would call him or just take our lesson that afternoon and they said they would be happy to! Turns out he didn't let the Elders come teach him. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost. I know it was something so little but could potentially put my companion and I in danger or an uncomfortable situation. 

Tuesday night we had dinner with the Manzanares family! Well, we found them because the mom was baptized whens she was in middle school but has never been back to church since. But they are the ones we visited last weekend and had such an amazing time with them. They are so giving and lovely! Our dinner was so good, probably the healthiest dinner I have had out here. Grilled chicken with yams and asparagus and salad! I WAS IN HEAVEN! They let me take all the left overs home. hehe. They are talkers and were about to keep us past cerfew... I know so DISO... we didn't have enough time for the dinner lesson we had planned so we decided to do an improptu testimony meeting. We shared our testimonies of the gospel and family prayer. The Spirit filled the room instantly, it was awesome! AND Yes we got home on time. 

We had a quick drop by lesson with Elsa and Jeff this week. We showed them the mormon message 'Showering of Heavenly Blessings' and talked about how the umbrella is the fear and doubt that they are feeling and if they put it down (aka get baptized) they will be able to feel the peace and the surety Heavenly Father wants them to feel. Elsa is the Chinese lady in the picture below. Isn't she gorgeous!!!!?? #flawless

On Thursday is always our lesson with Vicky! Our less-active or more like inactive or has been meeting with the missionaries for YEARS and finally came to church on Easter! We started reading the Book of Mormon with her last week and told her to read the intro and chapters 1 & 2. She was nervous about reading that much and told us to not be disappointed if she didn't get finished with it all. ANYWAYS, we came back this past Thursday and she is in CHAPTER 10! Like hold up Vicky!!!! She said she just couldn't stop reading!! The Book of Mormon has power let me tell you! It was awesome. 

We met two amazing ladies tracting on Friday. Dorcie, is an older lady. She was standing next to a truck when we walked up and started a conversation with her. She turns out to have a few LDS friends and a brother-in-law who is a member. We talked to her for an hour and she gave us a referral and set up a lunch appointment with us. She called us the next day and wanted to compliment us for how lovely we are and how modestly we were dressed and how it was a pleasure to see such sweet  young ladies out doing the Lord's work. She gave us sweatshirts and a whole carton of eggs! Because she has 9 chickens... so that was nice.

Another was Mary. She is a sweet lady. We knocked on her door and she goes, "alright what do you want to tell me today?." I shared with her the awesome message of the Restoration and how Heavenly Father sent us to share this message with her. She was hesitant because her husband is a PK (preachers kid & raised in Compton...  yeah) She was grateful because she hasn't found the right church or feels 100% for her, YET. We invited her to come to church and to read over the pamphlet and share it with her husband. SOOOOO We are praying for some softened hearts up in here!!!

We found a lot of potentials this week and are excited to go back and follow up with the pamphlets!! 

Our zone made a goal this transfer to contact 2,500 people! Which breaks down to 50 a week per companionship and 7 a day! It has been awesome this week and has really motivated Sister Hernandez and I to get out there and talk to everyone! There are prepared children out there somewhere but we aren't going to find them if we only talk to a select few. 

Sister Hernandez and I made a really fun game called Spiritual Jenga. Yep. Spiritual Jenga. We tried it out last night at our dinner appointment and it was flippin' AWESOME! I am not going to tell you about it because I don't want anyone stealing our idea. But just know that it is awesome! 

I am teaching myself how to play the piano. I have learned 3 hymns in the last couple weeks. Every chance I get at a piano I am playing!  I love playing. It brings the Spirit so fast... like lightening fast. So hopefully I will be a little Mozart by the end of my mission. Grateful for the oppurtunity to build and develop talents! (sorry mom that I gave it up when I was 8) ((yes I regret it)) (((Yes mom you are always right and I will always listen to you)))

Mackynzie and Sarah Allen, thank you SO much for your letters this week. They were huge answers to my prayers. I needed each word that you wrote and your testimonies. So here is a public THANK YOU!! (hope you see this) 

I am so grateful and feel so fortunate for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and For the Restoration of the Gospel. What an amazing event that we could not live without! The gospel continues to change my life and the lives of everyone who accepts it. It is a choice! We let the gospel and Jesus Christ change us. He doesn't change us aganist our will and he never will. WE let HIM in to transform ourselves to progress to our eternal potential. Jesus Christ lives so that WE can live again. 

"HIS suffering, empowers HIM to give US the strength WE need to endure it all"

Not sure who said this, but this comes into my mind everyday.  "He has done more for me then anything I could ever do for him."  I love my Savior.

Take a minute to sit down this week and write down everything the Lord has blessed with you. Write down your talents and strengths, progress you've seen in yourself or your family, write down miracles, and write down testimony builders! Even the little things that happen to us make the biggest changes! 

Love you all! Thank you for reading and supporting me. Have a beautiful week!! 

xoxoxox
Sister Holt



Sister Hernandez and I with Elsa eating Pancakes at the Kilburns!!

The Zone last transfer! Does anyone look familiar? lol

All the sisters from LAST transfer
Things you find out tracting.
Study in the Sunshine.  Totally POSED!


No comments:

Post a Comment