4.04.2016

Week 27: Conference & Chalk Drawings


This week was so slow because our investigators all had a meeting and thought they should all just cancel on us this week! And everyone else who has houses in the Diamond Bar California just didn't want to be home this week or not answer their door. Yes, it was a long and slow week but General Conference was amazing this weekend so that makes everything better!  

This week we tried a new thing with CHALK! We went to all the parks in Diamond Bar and drew out the Plan of Salvation! It was amazing. All the kids in the park would come up and ask what we are drawing which gave us opportunities to ask them questions of where they think we came from and where we go after we die. Their answers were so funny! Here's some of their cute answers: "The clouds", "my mommy's belly" ,and some of them would say, "HEAVEN!" It was awesome. We talked to a lot of people that day. The Plan of Salvation really brings people together and I love talking about it. It is so special to me to know that I can be with my family forever and that is a piece of the puzzle that so many people in this world want to hear. 

General Conference was very simple this weekend. The talks were beautiful and I found a lot of power through the speaker's words. I was really touched by President Uchtdorf's talk about being rebuilt through Christ's Atonement. I have such a testimony of the transformation powers that Jesus Christ can have in our lives if he let Him. He can make something so beautiful and immaculate if we give him the chance to. It is all about choices as we learned from our Beloved Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. Our choices here truly decide where we go after this life. We make the goal to return home to live with our Heavenly Father in the Celestial Kingdom but while here on earth we have to make that goal attainable by our choices. We need to chose to forgive ourselves and to forgive others. It is a commandment and will bring us so much relief. I am so blessed and grateful for the testimony that I have of these things.

I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ can redeem, empower, strengthen, and rebuild each of us if we choose to give it all over to him. It's never going to be easy and the changes aren't going to be immediate but they are so worth it. And it brings unimaginable joy and peace into OUR life. I know this because I've done it and am still doing it and I am so eternally grateful.

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts for all the missionaries in the world!! 

I love you!!
xoxo
Sister Holt

CHALK DRAWINGS in the Park of the  Plan of Salvation

 

MISSIONARY RIDGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment