3.28.2016

Week 25: Happy Easter - Grateful for my Savior



Another week down in the mission! Crazy how time flies!  

Monday after our P-day we went to visit some people the bishop wanted us to work with and through contacting these people we found  a less active-part member family! They are awesome, I don't know how interested they are but they are feeding us tonight and tomorrow!!! The Lord does provide because I need food - this sister has no money left.

Wednesday we had the 5-week training meeting with all the new missionaries and their trainers in Rancho! It was fun to be back in Rancho for a couple hours. We talked about things we are doing and learning. Let me tell ya, training is hard. People said being trained is the hardest time in your mission. LIES. Training is harder. But all together it really is a huge blessing. I am learning so much about myself and how to better myself. Being in a companionship is hard especially with disagreements. Communication and Compromise are huge. If we don't communicate the things we are feeling, then Satan begins to feed our doubts, unkind feelings, judgments, and negativity and turns it into contention, defensiveness, selfishness, and anything else that is bad. And that is how Satan destroys families and marriages! AH! So I am happy that I am learning this now rather then later. 

Later that day we had an awesome dinner with a less-active family and they fed us fish.... Yes I ate it. Ugh, I wanted to die but I did it with a smile on my face. After dinner, we stopped by Adrienne's house unexpectedly "to pee" and she let us in and we met her parents!!!!!!! We talked to them for a while and shared with them the Easter video before we left and they said they want to come check out our church! It was a miracle! Blessings blessings blessings! 

Thursday we went on exchanges! I was with Sister Martinez, in the Rolling Ridge ward. It was fun, we went park contacting and tracting all day and NO ONE WAS HOME. We saw a lot of turtles and ducks at the park and talked to a lot of people about Jesus Christ and showed them the Easter Video. I love that the church comes out with these awesome videos - they are great tools for us to share the gospel! Even non missionaries use this video! Share it on facebook and twitter all year!! 

On Friday, we met with Jeff and Elsa... Jeff is ready to be baptized but won't do it without Elsa, because he does't want her to be alone in the Terrestrial kingdom. It's so cute! But Jeff said that she is progressing because she is thinking a lot more about baptism than she ever has before. They are keeping their commitments we extend to them --  except coming to church. I don't know why they don't come. Maybe they don't understand... they do speak Chinese so there is a slight language barrier. haha! 

We also met with Madilyn that evening and she just straight up told us that she first started letting us teach her because she was interested in learning what the Mormons believed. But she told us that she has the biggest question mark in her mind that you could imagine. She said she loves the things that she is learning and she loves our church meetings. BUT she doesn't know how far she wants to get into it because of what her friends and family might say. Please pray for Madilyn, that she might have the courage to do something she knows is right and that she may have a spiritual experience to confirm what we teach her. 

Saturday at women's conference I was floored with President Henry B. Eryings commitments to us! I was so comforted knowing that he was completely speaking by the spirit. I think we all felt love, the Holy Ghost, and closer to the Savior.  And if we GO AND DO, Remember the Lord in all things, and are personally modest. Oh how happy and successful we will be in this life. I am so grateful for living prophets!! We would be so lost without them. 

On Sunday, church was amazing! We sung in the choir again and closed singing, 'I Know that my Redeemer Lives.' The spirit in that meeting was so powerful and to end with that song. There wasn't a dry eye in that chapel. 

After church we went to contact our referral we got... Her name is Stella and she is amazing! Heavenly Father truly prepared her. The missionaries in Long Beach found her  and her daughter tracting and offered to help them move her daughter, Annette out. They helped so much and made a lasting impression on Stella and Anaette. Stella wanted some way to repay the Elders and they asked if she would like to continue learning and friendshipping with the sisters in her area. She was thrilled to find out that there was GIRL VERSIONS OF THEM! haha! She is so sweet. While we were getting to know her, we found out  she has been through so much the past year and now her daughter is going through a divorce, so they need support and they need the gospel!!! They recognize all the miracles the Lord has provided them and they don't want to let these opportunities pass by. BIGGEST MIRACLE EVER! 

I would like to leave you with my testimony of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and He lives so that we can live NOW and again! He is our Redeemer and our loving brother who we are forever indebted to. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Being able to be forgiven and have the heaviest of burdens lifted from my heart. I know that He is here for each of us. If we let Him in, His power and His love is indescribable. He strengthens us and lifts us to new heights. I would not be here or be who I am without H


is unconditional love and sacrifice. May we all remember Him daily and call upon Him in all things! 

All my love,
Sister Holt


California Sunsets: This does not do it justice.

The Turtle
Elder Hurren (from Eagle) found me at the Library.

My Comp and I.
Sister Hernandez and I like to hide and scare the other sisters when they come home late....
 so this is us preparing to scare.




No comments:

Post a Comment