2.15.2016

Week 19: Spaz at Sports but Good at Meeting People

This has been my Week 6 of Transfer 3! Can't even believe it.  It's possible I may be transferred next week but who knows.  But to start out... Happy Valentines/Love dove day to everyone! 
Last Monday after emailing we had a zone activity and were playing chair soccer and for all of you who don't know what that is, don't worry about it. It is a stupid game that Elders like to play! Haha! I would consider myself a pretty coordinated person but being set apart as a missionary must also set us apart from all coordination as well. Within 5 minutes I got the wind knocked out of me and then to top it off I sprained my ankle... ROCK ON SISTER HOLT! 
My ankle didn't stop me from working hard this week! Sister Helms and I planned to do a lot of tracting and walking and  talking. Wednesday, we left our apartment around 10 am on foot and didn't come home till 6 pm for dinner. We talked to so many people and found some solid potentials to try and teach this coming week. All this tracting is very different for me now because I came into this area when it was on a roll and so we were soooo busy we really didn't do too much finding. But now I realize that we should always be finding new people no matter how busy we are. We should set aside the time every week to go find. It is so important. 
I was on exchanges on Thursday with Sister Slater (who is a sister I met at the temple back in June when she was in the MTC and I was reading scriptures on the Provo temple grounds) CooL HUH!? Anyways, she came to my area and we walked all day long too. We got a new investigator named Denise. She has had the lessons before from some older Sisters but was dropped because of her health. She isn't doing too well but she agreed to some visits every week and hopefully if she feels strong enough to come to church, she will. She believes in everything and listens to the Book of Mormon everyday on her phone. She is a doll. 
We teach a lot of lessons through the week. It is hard to keep them all isolated in my mind.  Sometimes I leave and I am not even sure of what we said.  We follow the spirit. But we are busy and that is a good thing.

Saturday was a ward party/fundraiser for the Youth to go to camp this summer and it was amazing!
This week we plan contacting a lot of our potentials and we have a couple lessons with some former investigators! This last week was an amazing preparatory week for THIS WEEK OF NEW INVESTIGATORS! Pray for us! 
I love the Lords work and I love this doctrine. Nothing has brought me so much clarity and happiness then this gospel. I am so thankful and so blessed. 

Everything in the gospel MAKES SENSE.... The Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible go hand and hand to support each other. I know that when we put all our faith in the Lord and take the time for HIS time, it makes the difference. 
I love being a missionary! I am more than grateful to be here getting tan lines in February! #farmerstan Love it!
I would love to hear from all y'all friends and family! Pictures and All - so i don't forget what you look like! 

xoxo
Sister Holt

Sister Helms and Sister Morgs

 Left to Right: Sister Slater, Sister Thornley, Sister Helms, and ME

 The red carpet at the Ward Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment