6.20.2016

Week 38: #YaGottaWanna

President and Sister Hobbs --- Love and Till We Meet Again


It's Coming in HOT! Diamond Bar, CA is already up in the 100's. To say the least... I am melting. Prayers needed or some rain.  :-)

Monday we were able to squeeze in a lesson with Stella early that morning. And we ended up actually teaching or discussing with Tom, her housemate, about the gospel. He is the one who called us Unicorns back in April. He is interested in reading the Book of Mormon... so we gave him one!! He said he probably won't read it soon... but he WILL read it. He sounds promising :) He is a major business man so he is fun to discuss with! Keeps me awake! 

Tuesday we had lessons with Tesan and Madeline. Both on the Plan of Salvation! Tesan is excited and eager to get into the temple to do baptisms! 

Wednesday, we were on exchanges. I was with Sister Leung in the Rolling Ridge ward in Chino Hills. Sister Leung is from Hong Kong, China. Her english is better than mine. haha! It was a very nice relaxing and peaceful day of missionary work! 

Thursday, we made a trip out of the mission, #roadtrip to San Dimas, to the dentist because Sister Hernandez's tooth felt funny... she was convinced she had a cavity. Come to find out... NO CAVITY! hehe I am glad she feels better now. :) 

Friday, was zone conference! HIGH LIGHT OF THE WEEK! I learned so many amazing things. We had to say goodbye to President and Sister Hobbs... but I know it won't be goodbye for too long since they are wanting to move to Meridian Idaho! :) (its not in stone... but they are leaning towards it) I can't tell you everything I learned so here are some bullet points of my favorites...
  • The Lord loves those who are willing and who never get tired of doing good things. That is when we find the most JOY 
  • The sacrament is the heart of our church
  • #YAGOTTAWANNA - Gratitude is the basis of all righteous desires! It starts with an attitude of gratitude which will turn to having a desire to do the Lords will which turns to righteous action!! 
  • The minute we forget where the blessings are coming from - we get lost. 
  • Know + Feel + DO = Become! 
  • Questions are from God and Doubts are from the adversary 
  • Gratitude is remembering those who have done something for us when they might not have wanted to....  <-- Gives us a new perspective on what to be grateful for
  • It is much better to be TRUSTED than loved. When we are trusted then we are loved! 
And my favorite quote of all from Sister Hobbs, 
"I'm not what I ought to be
not what I want to be 
not what I am going to be
but thankful I am not who I used to be" 
--unknown 

Saturday and Sunday were both amazing days. I just don't have time to write about them! I am sorry this email wasn't the best buut I gotta run! 

I love being a missionary, I love being a daughter of God! There is power in that. 
I love the gospel, I love California, and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father! Would be lost and sad without them! 

Thank you for everything you do! Cheers to another week in the work! :) 

xoxo
Sister Holt



Exchanges with Sister Leung

#RoadTrip to San Dimas

 Sketch Town -- Pomona, CA 

The Pochets - members who make the most amazing costa rican spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment