5.16.2016

Week 33: Baptism on the Calendar

Hola mi amigos! So lovely to be back after another amazing week.  

We were going around town Wednesday trying to visit some people that we planned to see, but neither none of them were home or it didn't feel right to visit them. I was so confused why we didn't feel right about visiting someone. BUT it popped into my head that we should call Tesan. Even though Tesan said she wouldn't be available till Friday. 

Sooooo we called Tesan and she actually said that she was about to call us to have us come help her in her yard but then she decided not to call us. BUT THEN WE CALLED HER. 
So we ended up going over to her house immediately and helped her garden. After we helped her, we sat down and taught her the full Restoration lesson. She was like ,"With all the knowledge the mormons have why don't you guys share it??" We were like what do you think we are doing right now?.... LOL! 

At the end of the lesson we were chatting and getting ready to go but I felt prompted to ask her to be baptized. So I extended the invitation and she was like, "Yes!! I will become a Mormon!!" We told her to pray about date and explained to her what she would need to do. 

The NEXT DAY, we met up with her at the church and gave her a church tour. We ended up sitting in the chapel for a while talking. She opened up to us about the way she feels about her life and how she knows she needs to take a big step and it is scary because she is so old. She said, " I haven't asked Heavenly Father yet if this is the truth because I am nervous what he will say...." and then right after she says, "woah... right after I said that I just got a wave of 'Yes, its true'" It was crazy because I felt the same thing when she said that, it was amazing to then testify and experience TOGETHER the Holy Ghost testifying truth! 

We went to lunch at a little cafe with her afterwards and she bought us lunch. On the way home when we got into her driveway we asked her if she had prayed about a baptismal date. She said when she was praying about it JUNE 1 popped into her head. It was yellow and the #1 was white. She doesn' t know why but she knows that that is the day she is supposed to do it. IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

We all started party dancing on the driveway when Brother Moody (who gave her the blessing a couple weeks ago) drove by and rolls down his window and says, "HI LADIES!" and I was like tell him what is happening on June 1st. and she yells out, "BAPTISM!!" haha! It was the most happy moment I have ever experienced!! 

On Saturday we took Tesan to a baptism so she could se what it was like. She LOVED it. She was singing all the hymns with us and talking to everyone just as if she was already a member. We went back to her house and had lunch together and addressed some of the concerns her friends brought up. #polygamy We read the Official Declaration 1 in the back on Doctrine & Covenants. And she was like "Perfect! Now that is all cleared up!" She is just so positive and loving! 

On Sunday she came to church and was embraced by literally EVERYONE! I don't know one person who didn't talk to her. It was kind of overwhelming but at least she feels loved. She was already participating and answering questions in Sunday school and all that jazz. She came to pancakes at the Kilburns after church which was fun because it was just Tesan, the Kilburns, Us, the Elders, and Brother Reyes. She felt so comfortable and felt like she was leaving her family when she had to go home. 

I can't even begin to tell you how grateful and amazed I am! My heart is as full as it will ever get. This miracle and conversion that Sister Hernandez and I get the opportunity of experiencing is priceless. You cannot put a price on bringing the gospel into someone's life who is honest, prepared, and willing! Seeing her life and herself transform because of the little knowledge we have brought to her is amazing. When a heart is open to feeling and recognizing the Holy Ghost it only goes up from there. There is nothing that can beat this feeling being brought into someone's life. SO SO SO SO SO THANKFUL! 

This is my last week with Sister Hernandez. I am really sad. We have become so close and have become best friends! We have grown so much from each other. Even when it was hard sometimes because we are so alike, we grew so much from it and understand each other a lot more now. I am very grateful for her in helping me see things about myself I didn't recognize before. 

In Helaman 10:4-5 
Blessed art thou, Nephi (Sister Holt), for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast withunwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments. And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will. 

My goal for next transfer is to see things as they truly are. Giving it all up to the Lord more than I have been. I know he is with me every step of the way. 

I hope you all are healthy and safe and happy!! 
Remember to BE KIND.

xoxo
Sister Holt


 Selfie w/ Tesan! 


I went on an exchange with Sister Castelo!


The Kilburns fed us each our own MINI CHICKENS!


No comments:

Post a Comment