3.07.2016

Week 22: Happy Anniversary TODAY, 5 months What?

Whats up folks?! Happy 5 month anniversary to me :) I am celebrating by going out to eat yummy tacos after I write this.  

Diamond Bar is poppin'. SIKE. Our area is so dead you have no idea, this area hasn't been tracted in a year, maybe longer! It is like all these people own these giant houses that they don't live in. Or we find people who don't have time at the moment for their salvation so they tell us to come back another day. SO WE DO and they aren't home! Oh man, it is such a fun game we play everyday! But Sister Hernandez and I make it fun. I hope that doesn't sound too negative, I am just trying to explain what we deal with everyday. haha! 

We tract everyday and usually end the day with nothing. Cali is stubborn. So Saturday Sister Hernandez and I went into the day with SO much faith. "SOMETHING WAS GONNA HAPPEN! I KNEW IT!" yet, we tracted street after street and maybe 5 people said, "not right now but maybe another day." (they think they get rid of us by saying that, nope, we will be back... another day) 

So, a couple hours went by and we needed to go to the bathroom so we told ourselves we would finish the street that we were on and then take a breather and go to the bathroom. As we approached the very last house on the street, I got a different feeling. It wasn't a bad feeling but it wasn't like a pumped feeling either. We went and knocked on the door and an older lady answered. We asked her if we could share a beautiful message about Jesus Christ to her. She paused for a second and said, "yeah sure".  She opened the rest of her door and we asked her a few questions and started talking about our relationship with our Heavenly Father, she told us that she needs prayers. So we said a prayer with her on her doorstep. 

We learned that she recently just had a hip replacement and is struggling to recovery quickly. She said that she is finally walking and getting stuff done around the house. We asked her if we could help her! After minutes of offering to help her (*more like begging*) LOL! She let us in. We cleaned out her fridge and freezer, washed her dishes and scrubbed her counters and floors all under an hour. We were power washers!! Afterwards we taught her about the amazing Restoration and introduced the Book of Mormon to her. She told us how she wants to read it to learn more. We left and the next day at church MADILYN (her name is Madilyn by the way) SHOWS UP TO SACRAMENT! HOLLA! She sat with us during fast and testimony meeting and loved it. I felt strongly to go and bare my testimony so I did and afterwards she patted my leg and told me that it was beautiful to hear that from me. 

Long story short..... BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! Miracles are real and are happening everyday. I was so slow to remember that this is the Lords work this week. Saturday was a huge faith building experience for me, that HE is aware of this area and He is aware that it is really hard and that tracting is hard but that one experience made the whole dead week so worth it. Even if nothing comes of it, helping Madilyn get on her feet again and helping her come closer to her Savior Jesus Christ makes it all worth it. 

1. Pray in Faith and ask what HE wants done that day 
2. DO what He wants DONE 
3. Leave all the outcomes up to HIM 

My Bishop gave us this advice yesterday and I loved it. This is not MY work, this is GODS work! My mission president wrote to me this week and told me that he has a lot of confidence in me and the work that I do. That was nice to hear and a real booster.

I want to express my love to my Heavenly Father and I want you all to know that I have a testimony of his love for each of us individually. It is so hard to wrap our minds around the fact that He knows trillions on trillions of us - Better than we know ourselves! HE IS ALL KNOWING and all powerful! I believe that with all my heart. And His Son, Jesus Christ, is our brother, who loves us just as much as our Father. He willingly gave up his life for us. That is amazing. We will never be able to comprehend the pain that he felt for all of us... but how great is the joy we can feel because of HIM. I am so grateful. I am so blessed to be a missionary. 

Have another beautiful week - hope it is warming up for you all. It was storming here this morning... My 1st thunder storm in California! It was awesome! But I still got my tan lines... that I am soooo proud of! 

xoxo
Sister Holt


Out attempt to get pretty view in background but you just get the cactus.

Another beautiful view of the city lights! In the clear day you can see the ocean from up here! 

 Dancing in the grocery store on P-day (if you can't avoid it, enjoy it) #music

No comments:

Post a Comment